My Soul to Take Reviews

• Oct 13, 2019

Compared to most new horror films, it pretty good

Compared to most new horror films, it pretty good

• Oct 02, 2019

I still cannot believe this is a Wes Craven film. Such a disappointment on so many levels. Just pretend it doesn't exist so Cravens legacy is upheld with dignity

• Mar 31, 2019

• Dec 16, 2017

its really creepy/scary and its one of my favorite movies❤

its really creepy/scary and its one of my favorite movies❤

• Aug 30, 2017

A low point in the career of Wes Craven, My Soul to Take is full of horror movie clichés and belongs on the Sc-Fi channel.

• Sep 03, 2016

had a good idea, but didn't know where to go with it...

had a good idea, but didn't know where to go with it...

• Aug 12, 2016

Wes craven movies has always been favorites of mine, 16 years later kids were born on the day they killed the man who was possessed known by the river. Now these 7 teens are now going to find out the real horror of the storys they heard.

• Jan 18, 2016

While watching "My Soul to Take," I could not help but think how much the film reminded me of a Wes Craven movie. Familiar touchstones of his films are evident: the resurrected boogeyman out to avenge his death by murdering a town's teenagers (A Nightmare on Elm Street), who, by force of habit, employs cell phones to toy with his victims just prior to slaying them (Scream). So, I was not terribly startled upon seeing Craven credited as the director following the film's conclusion. Although, it's a stretch to imagine this being one of the movies he shall be remembered for. Rather it seems to me like a project green-lighted only because of the writer-director's cachet. The story itself is a half-baked idea that movie studios, large and small, have churned out ad nauseam. Really, seven kids born the same night in small-town USA? Oh, and lest I overlook Craven's "Mean Girls" homage, since one scene inside of the high school ladies' restroom felt like it had been lifted straight from that movie. These characters are flimsily drawn. Case in point, the several cryptic references to the main character's damaged past, but little in the way of explanation for what he had been involved with that was so scarring. Then, there is the high school jock / rapist-in-training - hard to elicit sympathy for that guy when he finds his life in peril. Other cliched characters litter the hallways of this high school as well - the rich blonde who every guy in school notices, the nerdy Asian kid not gifted with swift running ability, and the brooding girl who makes a fashion statement wearing only black, and can claim as her own, the none-too-subtle nickname, Fang. Complete with an unbelievably lazy ending that left me asking, "What was that?," "My Soul to Take" is a colossal mess that all involved will likely wish to have stricken from their filmographies.

• Oct 20, 2015

So bizarre, otherworldly. Even bad Wes Craven is so delightfully imaginative, or at least intriguing.