2 Days in New York - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

2 Days in New York Reviews

August 8, 2016
2 Days In New York is not as good as the original film, 2 Days In Paris. It is funny at times, but feels like a sit-com, and can get a little irritating at times; like fingernails across a chalkboard. It is mostly goofy, and feels like a bedroom farce, much like the original Pink Panther from 1963. It doesn't really get serious until the last half hour. Your time would be better spent watching the superior 2 Days In Paris (2007).
July 21, 2016
It's got a few laughs in it but the worst Chris Rock film I saw
April 10, 2016
I love Julie Delpy's movies...they capture the awkwardness and complexity of real life relationships lacking in today's main stream rom-coms while at the same time keeping you laughing. 2 Days in Paris was a breath of fresh air.
March 15, 2016
What a weird, awkward and at times, very boring movie this was. Chris Rock played a very dull character for a change :yawn: This needed more scenes of that Rose chica, wow.
January 25, 2016
My wife and I saw this when it premiered in the Sundance Film Festival. We laughed so hard a some parts that we missed the next laugh line. I'm not sure why the audience score is so low. We'll watch it again to see if we can figure out why. This time, we'll be able to rewind to catch the lines we missed.
January 14, 2016
What an absolutely horrible movie. I was expecting so much with Chris Rock in the lineup. Julie Delpy seems to play the same character all the time. Thank God I didn't pay good money to watch this movie.
December 15, 2015
Pretty funny comedy depicting a French-American family drama. I just think that a Korean family visiting America will make a more tension-fraught and funnier intercultural drama. Like my family. Haha.
January 18, 2015
"2 Days in Paris" was a romantic comedy that had all the best qualities of a neurotic Woody Allen classic, and its sequel, "2 Days in New York," is no different. In the former film, Julie Delpy's Marion, along with her boyfriend, Jack (Adam Goldberg), grappled with their declining relationship while surrounded by the culture shocks of Paris and Marion's hugely eccentric family. In "2 Days in New York," we find that Marion and Jack have broken up; the only proof of their relationship is a child, who is now three years old.
Marion currently lives with Mingus (Chris Rock), a hip radio talk show host who has a daughter himself. Their household is blissful, making for a harmonious full house of sorts. But when Marion's family comes to town to support her new art exhibit, things promptly turn from euphoric to helter-skelter. Marion's father (Albert Delpy, who is, which you may have already guessed, Julie Delpy's real-life dad) manages to consistently say the wrong thing at the wrong time, her sister (Alexia Landeau) is abrasive and immodest, and, to Marion's horror, brings along her boyfriend (Alexandre Nahon), who was Marion's lover way back when. It's difficult enough for her to relive the lunacy of her past, but Mingus, who is normally so calm and collected, is close to losing his mind.
Delpy, who also wrote and directed the film, has a remarkable talent for writing amusingly droll dialogue. The characters are almost always arguing, yet their confrontations swirl in a mist of witty banter; where most films would be grating, "2 Days in New York" is smart and cognizant. Delpy and Rock are a surprisingly solid screen couple, and the way their characters interact with Marion's kooky family is largely enjoyable.
The biggest (and only) problem with the film has to do with the fact that it's largely plotless - the performances and the conversations are impeccable, but everything feels slightly unfocused because the film doesn't necessarily go anywhere. Flaws aside, though, "2 Days in New York" is a winning romantic comedy that matches its predecessor's appeal.
½ January 5, 2015
Even though it might be my favorite Chris Rock movie with him as a lead it doesn't say much because he still stinks for the most part, along with the rest of the movie. I didn't mind it so much until the part where Marion makes up a lie to keep something from happening and then the story really lost me. The dialogue has only few moments of chuckles at the most and a lot just plays the characters as ignorant bafoons. I knew there was a reason I put off watching this movie for so long.
½ December 31, 2014
Depois do "2 dias em Paris" estava espera de muito melhor.
November 13, 2014
Doesn't draw you in.. I got bored very easily and switched it off
½ August 6, 2014
the best parts of this movie are the rhyme thing, "Mingus cunnilingus" and Chris Rock psychopathologizing himself while talking to Obama the cardboard. that's all folk!
½ July 8, 2014
French bogans? Love it
July 1, 2014
Gawd...What Was This?? It Has Some Super-Sillious Moments..Bits That Give You A Good Laugh..But At About 1hr-15 Where She Sells Her Soul..Yeah, It Just Dies..Completely Lost. Goes No Where &Has No Soul Of It's Own.
½ April 10, 2014
It has more comic moments than the first one but it doesn't have the dynamics of love between the two characters, I may have felt that way cos they were married in this one. Whereas in 2 days In Paris the two characters were dating.
½ March 31, 2014
Monday, March 31, 2014

(2012) 2 Days In New York

Co-written, co-produced, directed and acted by Julie Delpy, she plays Marion with two children from another relationship, who works as a self- portrait photographer artist, while her live-in boyfriend, Mingus(Chris Rock) works as a professional talk-radio DJ, and he has one daughter from a different relationship. It's called "2 Days In New York", because Marion invited some of her family relatives, of Jeannot (Albert Delpy, her sister, Rose(Alexia Landeau), who brought along her boyfriend, Manu(Alexandre Nahon), to check out the selling of her exhibition art gallery happening in 2 days from their arrival from France.

While, I liked the first hour, I thought the movie started to become pretentious and whacked, after the arrival of Marion's kooky family, with the most annoying one of all, is Marion's sister's boyfriend Manu. Some of the dialogue has been improvised with Chris Rock- talking to himself, to a large cut out, poster board of President Obama. And there's also a scene, about Marion selling her soul, from a form of a piece of paper, which that idea may have been inspired by "The Simpsons" episode called "Bart Sells His Soul". There were times when Marion's eccentric family's visit of 2 days seemed like 2 very long years.

2 out of 4 stars
March 13, 2014
Average, somewhat comical movie. If you're familiar with the Before Sunset series, this is more or less the same Julie Delphy character. She's either a little charming or really annoying. Chris Rock is toned down but still kinda funny.

The real funny people are the French people. The dad is quite funny, as is the sister's boyfriend. The plot is lackluster and nothing original, nothing movie. Mainly, it's just worth a few giggles. i think at the end they try to make the movie a little more poignant but well, don't do that.
½ February 27, 2014
The same recipe as the previous one in Paris..
½ February 15, 2014
Cultural differences and family dynamics are put to the test. Funny at times, but inconsistent, with some jokes coming fast and furious like the scene at the art gallery where Julie Delpy's character, Marion, becomes unglued, and then there are others that die at the gate, Marion's father attempting to smuggle in food through customs at the airport.