305 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

305 Reviews

½ August 25, 2015
This is a horrific movie, its told in a documentary style for a start which makes no sense with the movie which is being parodied in mind. The acting if you can even call them actors is atrocious. The jokes are childish and lame, so much so that I had to turn this piece of garbage off within 20 minutes. Don't waste your time.
½ March 28, 2013
lame, but pretty funny....they should make it with better special effect..i think it would hit the market better.

i like the characters..
December 7, 2011
Had the backgrounds been better, I'd have given this 3 stars. Thumbs up for having a good looking woman in the mix as well.
April 15, 2011
Ok, the special effects aren't great and neither is the plot or the acting, but for the low-budget that it so obviously is, i would say they've done a pretty good job of it all.
Developed from a mockumentary trailer uploaded to youtube, this is a spoof film based on the spartans who defended the goatpath as described in the 2007 Lionsgate film 300.

Original, funny and witty, this film serves the purpose that comedy films must serve at a basic level, which for amateur aspiring filmmakers, is a great achievement.
½ December 20, 2010
Absolutely terrible.
November 18, 2010
Better as the 5 minute youtube clip it stemmed from.
½ August 25, 2010
This movie was pretty cheesy and i didn't really enjoy it too much. I gave this movie a rating of "gay" or 3.
August 25, 2010
Why did I rent this movie? "Meet the Spartans" wasn't bad so I thought I would push my luck with 305. I can give you 305 reasons to not watch this movie. I made it less than 5 minutes before I ended this on-screen disaster. Message to the director..."Stick to YouTube!"
½ August 25, 2010
[font=Impact][size=5][color=Blue]I think I have gotten plenty enough spartan now. I rented this along with Meet the Spartans at the same time. You could tell this movie was made by the people who make The Office. It was funny but really stupid at the same time. Chances are if you don't like Napoleon Dynamite, you really will hate this movie.[/color][/size][/font]
August 25, 2010
The films concept gets tiring after about a half an hour. This is so bad it's actually somewhat entertaining, you feel guilty laughing, but you do on occasion. Really low budget.
½ June 6, 2010
The office version if 300. What more could you want?
May 25, 2010
Not very interesting but still some funny parts
April 11, 2010
Ewwww. I read the synopsis and was looking forward to watching but I think this is a case of buyer/renter beware. Packaging looks good. Looking @ the screen caps on the back of the box looks funny. Even the trailer looks promising but this doesn't deliver! Don't!
February 14, 2010
This also one of my favorite movies. "He would not tell us where the key is, but he says he likes the meatloaf and that it would be funny if we served it on Mondays" "Hmmm,, meatloaf Mondays... Gaurd take a memo."
November 26, 2009
The first five minutes of this are terrible, rehashing the trailer smash-hit that inspired it in a lousy manner, but after the defeat because of the goat path, things pick up considerably and I found myself amused and laughing at this The Office Spartan style. While the low budget shows, there are plenty of good jokes; I especially love when they meet a slick salesman type selling stones that ward off dragons and a pouch of invisible powder. Pretty fun.
½ September 25, 2009
This movie is just plain stupid.Avoid it at all costs.
July 8, 2009
This has some funny lines, funny scenes and funny characters, but its just not cutting it, its a bad spoof of a great film.

This will properbly be cult for some, and plain idiotic for others, I found it to be stupid but also fun, mothing special at all though.
½ June 19, 2009
Take two things that are great and mix them together and you should have yourself the ingredients of success - this was true of chocolate & peanut butter, peaches & cream and bangers & mash, but it was not so true of hamburger contraceptives or puppy Ultimate Fighting Championship. 305 falls into the latter category combining 2007's blockbuster 300 with the US remake of The Office and the results are surprisingly close having a vagina packed tight with raw, cold beef patties, or simply watching a wide eyed dalmatian puppy being kicked to death by a 7ft tall Croatian.

Simply borrowing the approach used in The Office and transplanting it onto a Spartan war would have been amusing (for about 3 minutes on youtube, I'd imagine) but such creative backflips are beyond the reach of the people behind 305, and instead they opt to shamelessly rip off The Office, taking entire characters out of the show and strapping them into a leather codpiece and cape. We see a man doing a fairly decent Rainn Wilson impersonation (which eventually becomes irritating) and someone doing a less decent John Krasinski impersonation (which is baffling considering he's the straight guy), the other three cast members are too vague and uninteresting to possibly be stolen from somewhere else, so I will credit the talents of the film-makers for these characters.

It's a one joke concept (someone else's joke, no less) that is implausibly stretched out to 90 minutes of painful runtime. I thought Meet the Spartans was as unimaginative and dull as the 300 concept could be lowered to, but this movie lacks even the cutting insight to make relentless gay jokes.

Save yourself the bother (not that any of you would be stupid enough to waste your time on this crap) and simply have a bowl of peaches & cream, whilst watching a bare knuckle boxer from Michigan punch a beagle in the face.
June 15, 2009
A YouTube love movie which brings the joy of the movie 300, with "The Office" style.
May 7, 2009
Oh cool, it's another 300 spoof but in a mockumentary form. I'm going to see this.