30 Days of Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

30 Days of Night Reviews

March 31, 2016
very scary and far from the predictable track.
½ March 21, 2016
While clichéd at some points, this movie provides a lot more thrills, excitement and drama than other "horror movies" that have been released in recent years. And the modern update to Bram Stoker's creation is a lot better and scarier than the glittery kind.
½ February 24, 2016
Cool Idea. Great Concept. Enjoyable Movie.
And don´t forget the Style!
½ February 8, 2016
A terrifying tale of modern vampirism. Although i ain't into modern vampires too much, i enjoyed this movie. It's thrilling, upsetting, really gory, the acting is very good and the isolated dark atmosphere of the noth just makes the flick chilling. And shares a few common points with zombie flicks. Recommended !!
January 21, 2016
I liked very much the original idea, but it lacks of depth in its development.
½ January 13, 2016
Very interesting concept but not executed the best. The characters' stories bored me and gave me no reason to feel attached to them, I was more interested in the vampires which were done pretty well I thought but weren't enough to make this one of the greats
January 10, 2016
140718: Won't adjust my rating b/c any loss of satisfaction is likely due to a passage of time, not the quality of this film. Loved it the first time I saw it. Still find it quite good. Brought back memories of the comic and made me want to dig out that series. Don't come looking for a flawless story. Just sit back, relax and escape for a couple hours. Nasty, violent fun to be had. Ben Foster was awesome much like I found him in 3:10 to Yuma. Mark Boone Junior made me smile.
January 1, 2016
30 Days of Night, imo, is one of the best modern vampire movies (I say modern, but the film's almost 10 years old lol).
The vampires aren't overly angsty, just pure, instinct driven, monsters.
December 28, 2015
Loved the comic and loved the movie.
½ December 23, 2015
This movie doesn't revamp the vampire genre, like "28 Days Later" did for zombies, but it's easily an upgrade of any vampire movie in the past decade. If you like "Demon Night", you'll like this.
December 20, 2015
30 Days of Night could have been a 7.5/10 in my book, but unfortunately it is not. I think 30 Days of Night has a great gimmick, vampires in a place where there is a month of night, which sets up a great survival horror scenario, which alongside of atmosphere, the filmmakers really capitalized on. So what's not to like?
The ending is quite literally one of the worst endings I have ever seen. I have three reasons for this statement.
1) As the movie was going along quite well, as the climax approaches, they adopt a terribly cliche approach. Hopefully anyone who has seen this knows what I am talking about, because I'm not going to spoil it.
2) The final battle ends suddenly and on a note that is anti-dramatic.
3) After the final battle, there is no mention whatsoever of what happens to the band of vampires that has been murdering the entire town for the past month.
Fact is, this could have been a 7.5/10, which would be rounded up to an 8/10 for rating purposes. Instead, it needs to be rounded up to a 7/10, all because of the ending. 6/10
½ November 25, 2015
Was looking good, but had some spoilers.
October 20, 2015
I think of the movie was 15 or 20 minutes shorter would have been a lot better.
October 19, 2015
While at times it can be thrilling and scary, with acceptable acting, the movie as a whole is confusing and has disorienting camera work. However, the music is really good.
October 4, 2015
An interesting concept is wrecked by an absurd third act and bland characters who we don't mind watching getting eaten.
October 4, 2015
This was an AWESOME vampire movie. I loved it.
½ October 2, 2015
As usual...critics overanalyzed and It's actually a lot of fun. Josh Harnett is still a potential star IMO
½ September 14, 2015
Artistically brilliant for a horror movie and very underrated. The picture quality and cinematography are excellent. It has a chilling feeling of isolation which keeps the suspense high. The excellent visuals make up for the linear, simple plot.
August 31, 2015
this is a GREAT movie! UNDERRATED and fantastic! My favorite movie in awhile, seriously, check it out!
July 27, 2015
Josh Hartnett is the main reason why I watched this film. The vampire aspect comes second because I miss "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" so much. This could've been a great flick if it stopped trying to be like "28 Days Later," especially with the soundtrack. What I liked best about this film is the tone: it's consistenly menacing because the shadows and the snow became their own character. I didn't like the foreign vampires at all, which I initially assumed to be Russian. I didn't like the ending that much because I thought it was an easy way out. I also didn't like the way the vampires would kill people and how the camera would shake relentlessly. Still, I didn't hate the movie. I simply thought it was okay. It's not worth going to the cinema for but it is more than enough for a Netflix rental.