30 Days of Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

30 Days of Night Reviews

February 18, 2015
Decent concept - clunky, stilted, and un-interesting.
Don't bother.
February 9, 2015
love this movie and it's where I got Ebyn's name ?
½ February 1, 2015
First time I saw this movie I didn't particularly like it, but I came to it second time around knowing that it isn't the fastest paced horror movie around. Visually stunning, the premise is superb as are the proper vampires. The only thing that stops it from being one of the best horror movies of all time is the slightly pedestrian interraction between the characters. It's pretty damn fine nonetheless and generally very underrated.
½ January 17, 2015
I found the storyline original but the film bogs down in a lack of scares
January 15, 2015
This starts slowly, but there is a moody atmosphere building. The cold isolation works great as a way to ramp up the tension. The premise is something new for the vampire genre. I like the originality. The style also has a good look to it. The acting is pretty good for a horror movie. Ben Foster has the most interesting role. Josh Hartnett gets the leading man role. It's a good horror movie with something different.
January 15, 2015
I'm not really into the horror and vampire flicks.
½ January 13, 2015
An excellent horror premise with the requisite R-rated violence that just misses the mark due to poor execution of the 30 days timeline and bland characters. The setup for the terror is perfect and the idea that vampires would take advantage of a town with a 30-day blackout is chilling to the bone. These are some of the nastiest vampires ever put to screen who don't even have the decency to wash the blood off of their faces and they totally steal the show! Unfortunately once the action gets underway, the survival plot doesn't unfold all that well and you can barely tell when time has jumped, how they fed themselves, and how the vampires weren't able to find them by dumb luck. The acting is just average from the likes of Josh Hartnett and Melissa George, but the vampires bring a level of menace and Danny Huston was effective as the leader. This could've been really great with another draft of the script, but it's still a nasty, gruesome horror film that succeeds on it's premise alone; and I do mean gruesome!
½ January 7, 2015
Non-cliche vampire movie.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A pretty good vampire movie taking place in cold Alaska in a small town under 30 dark days.. much violence and well made movie and worth seeing if u are interested in these kind of movies.
½ November 1, 2014
Among the worst horror movies I have ever seen. Slow, gratuitously gory, predictable and wholly unengaging plot-wise.
October 31, 2014
30 Days of Nights may have been of the most dragged out and boring vampire movies to ever exist. It also seemingly changed everything you knew about those that walk only at night. If you were always wondering why vampires still coexist with lighting around, then that's because it depends on the intensity of the light. In this film; however, the struggling sun that was rising and still not quite off of the ground was enough to kill a vampire. If you self inject yourself with pure vampire (whatever that actually means) over someone recently but then you still get all the powers the same way so it doesn't even matter.

Either way, everything was so damn drawn out. Hide, come out, go here, send somebody there, don't get caught, stay hidden, don't stay hidden. While the vampires who are super duper fast on this film are just terrorizing this town in Alaska, the northern most city in the United States that sees night for 30 straight days at some points in time. Why didn't vampires ever think about going to these type of cities before? They also seemed like they were capable of speaking English, but nobody seemingly gave a shit about doing so. Another thing to note, they either couldn't or refused to masquerade around in human form. Also, their eyes are just pure black and spread all around their pupil.

They have the usual sharp teeth, but it's not a few teeth, it's all the teeth and giant sharp finger nail claws on both hands. Also, they are fairly quiet and barely talk much. It's a different type of vampire film, had a lot of potential but it was just flat out boring and dragged out.
½ October 29, 2014
An awesome little film from Back before vampires sparkled in the sunlight
½ October 26, 2014
This is a reinvention of the vampire story mixed with the thing at its best eery good cast lineup and wicked plot defo worth checking out n one of my fave in my collection
October 24, 2014
30 Days of Night is a movie that has you very interested in its first half and then screws itself so much, you are left with nothing but anger and wasted time.

The movie has an amazing setup. Right out of the gate it presents you an environment that feels very much like The Thing, a setting that is severely underdone. It starts building the characters alongside mysterious killings, which has you thinking it's going to be an "infected" movie in an arctic setting. While you are sitting all happy and excited, thinking 'finally we got a spiritual successor to the 28 Days/Weeks' this movie stands up, slaps you across the face and says 'no, it's a vampire movie so sit down and watch an hour of these scary vampires being scary'.
½ October 15, 2014
Sure the acting is bad, the dialogue is bad, and the directing is bipolar, but visually this movie is incredible, and it achieved a kind of originality and true horror not found in vampire movies anymore.
½ October 11, 2014
Beneath its mess of a pacing, character development, and underutilized talents, 30 Days of Night has a decent enough chunk of scares and blood spillage to function as an average vampire flick, and would've been better off being produced as a TV miniseries instead.
September 29, 2014
I just saw this movie again recently. It reminded how awesome it is. if you like intense horror movies that are brutally honest in it's depiction, you have to see this one.
½ September 28, 2014
Now this is a good Vampire Movie
September 23, 2014
One of my fav vampire stories ever
September 22, 2014
i thought it was pointless and really bad. i love the actor josh hartnett he's sexy but the movie just didnt seem to have a point.