3, 2, 1... Frankie Go Boom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

3, 2, 1... Frankie Go Boom Reviews

½ August 4, 2015
I enjoyed this movie just for Ron Perlman. It is a very strange movie but quite enjoyable I found. Good chemistry with Hunnam and Perlman. I would watch it again.
April 29, 2015
Interesting premise for a movie and I was hoping it would be funnier. But it wasn't. The brother was irritating and the movie seemed to go no where. Let down.
January 7, 2015
Real bad. Not even funny.
October 11, 2014
I saw this at the Milwaukee Film Festival one or two years ago and got major laughs. Crude, not for everybody but Ron Perlman was amazing and I even enjoyed Chris Noth!
½ August 3, 2014
Another on i enjoyed this week ...funny moments , good story
½ January 18, 2014
It certainly tried its hardest to be funny but that was the biggest problem, it tried way too hard. Yea I laughed a few times throughout but mainly just wanted it to end...blah...
½ November 25, 2013
Super funny. Love Charlie Hunnam
½ November 19, 2013
Silly. Okay for a rainy day.
November 6, 2013
While this low budget film could use more originality, Frankie Go Boom is still good for a laugh.
October 24, 2013
Could have been a lot better.
½ August 27, 2013
Frankie Go Boom has its moments of screwball laughter, but the film has too much exaggeration in plot, tone, and acting. O'Dowd makes the film worthwhile, despite whatever the accent he is trying to use, but Hunnan seems way out of place in a comedy, lacking timing and charisma to carry the film.
August 11, 2013
"3, 2, 1 ... Frankie Go Boom" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: Extremely entertaining at times. Quirky and off the wall, but in a good way. Not quite raunchy humor, but skirts the line just enough.

The Bad: More than a little all over the place. The frantic pace gets old about halfway through.
August 11, 2013
"3, 2, 1 ... Frankie Go Boom" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

½ August 6, 2013
If it were not for this amazing cast I would have given up on the movie before the halfway mark. The story is completely ridiculous and the familial relationships are dark and disgusting. The love story between Frankie and Lassie was the only part of the story that was worth watching so I am glad things were resolved for them.
August 4, 2013
It's fun to watch. The script is not brilliant. It's actually shallow and the the comedy comes from the ridiculous situations and dialogues that arises which a bit of them is what you're expected of what is gonna happen ( e.g. a lot of times Frankie looks at his bro after his bro do or asks something stupid then ends up doing it anyway). Though the script was up and down the cast is actually great.
July 31, 2013
A fantastic movie focusing on addiction, family, and why we sometimes hate them both.
½ July 23, 2013
This pretty standard fare. But really, who doesn't want to see Hell-Boy in drag? That alone makes it worth watching.
July 16, 2013
Nothing like being the closest to sane in a family full of crazy people. Frankie Bartlett is tortured by his older brother, Bruce. Their parents tend to handle Bruce with kid gloves because of his addictions. This puts Frankie in a life of horrible situations that he tries to distance himself from, but Frankie is brought back into the fold by virtue of Bruce's sobriety.

I hate movies where the characters are all blind to how stupid they really are. Dysfunction surely exists, but the levels to which the Bartlett family brings it are beyond unbelievable. There's some funny stuff in here, but ultimately this isn't a movie worth viewing.
½ July 14, 2013