3 Days To Kill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

3 Days To Kill Reviews

March 13, 2017
"3 Days to Kill" is an average action comedy film that features Kevin Costner doing his best "gruff Harrison Ford" impression. It intersperses several well-executed shootout sequences with a shallow family plot. The Parisian setting and the intrigue behind Amber Heard's character set the stage for a riveting story but what develops feels like a bunch of ideas that were borrowed from other films. As I mentioned, Costner's voice and disposition are reminiscent of most Harrison Ford action films, his crippling adrenaline-induced hallucinations seem to be inspired by "Crank," and the plot device of a man trying to develop a relationship with his daughter amidst dangerous spy missions feels very cliché. This led to a familiarity that had my wife and I debating whether we had seen the film before. The predictability of the family story left little room for surprises. We even developed an expectation that one particular character would reveal herself to be a bad guy... only to realize that we were remembering a different film and definitely had not seen this one before. While the story lacks originality, much of the comedy hits the target. The running gag of Costner's "I Love It" ringtone going off at inappropriate moments never gets old and his reliance on his targets (Mitat and Guido) to help mend his relationship with Zooey creates some great moments. If you are looking for a serious action film, "3 Days to Kill" will let you down but if you are looking for something predictable and light, it might be just what you are looking for.
½ January 26, 2017
Tres días para matar. Es una mezcla de comedia, acción y drama en la que Kevin Costner interpreta a un espía de la CIA radicado en francia y con la misión de terminar con una célula terrorista. No obstante, Ethan Renner (Costner) tendrá problemas de salud y una familia que cuidar, luego de años de abandono. Su hija adolescente se ha distanciado de él y tratará de recuperarla sin descuidar sus misiones y su problemas de salud. Es una película para sentarse sin pensarla mucho y disfrutar, un verdadero intento de Kevin Costner por demostrar que puede ser un gran actor pero que no necesita tomarse las cosas demasiado serias, con Amber Heard como Vivi Delay, Hailee Steinfeld como Zoey Renner y Connie Nielsen como Christine, las ex mujer de Ethan
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 9, 2016
I feel ashamed for even giving this bomb a try. If it was a parody, it would be acceptable--every cliche in the book; but the acting is awful, too.
½ November 28, 2016
As a stand alone film I think this is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The right mix of comedy and action. I think unfairly judged by people expecting another Taken or Equalizer. Get a bag of crisps, sit back, switch your brain off and enjoy.
September 18, 2016
Pretty sure we saw this already, it's in hubby's list.
August 28, 2016
I'd call it entertaining.
½ August 12, 2016
I liked this. Costner has been in good ones recently.
August 1, 2016
A pretty enjoyable action movie, filled with comedy elements.
½ June 20, 2016
If you took Taken, threw in Crank, and bits of humor, along with the Bourne Identity, you'd have this movie. The plot literally drops in your lap the very second the film begins. Costner does well in his "older badass Taken guy" role. Heard is pretty forgettable as his CIA handler. Good father/daughter story and decent action saves this from a lesser rating.
June 10, 2016
I have no idea why critics dislike a lot of action movies, Who Knows? Maybe Rotten Tomatoes Aren't Always Right.
½ June 2, 2016
A lot of nasty reviews for this flick but I actually thought it was fun, if you suspended disbelief at the silly plot devices. There were some genuinely funny and some touching moments
April 14, 2016
People here are not able to follow this French action style
½ March 19, 2016
Cast good, script good, Bad directing and gratuitous murder makes it stupid and less fun, so I think it is just plain bad producer at work here. Different twists to a tried and true spy story. Liked the characters and acting;
March 19, 2016
Good action, Amber Heard is excellant
½ March 16, 2016
C+
Kevin Costner does a good job portraying a terminally-ill CIA agent and Hailee Steinfeld does great as his rebellious, yet estranged teenage daughter. '3 Days to Kill' also has some touching father-daughter moments between the two actors with great chemistry. There's not much to say with Amber Heard, who doesn't show emotion throughout the whole film as Costner's dealer/boss. What I'm getting at is that while this film has its moments, I just don't have the heart to say that this is a real good movie. But it's close enough to break through the mold as a decent action-film.
March 10, 2016
Too bad they couldn't get a better actor than Costner.
March 8, 2016
Better than the reviewers would have you think. I thought Costner was pretty strong in the lead, a serviceable film if not that remarkable or groundbreaking in terms of it's plot structure of story setup.
½ February 22, 2016
Better than I thought it would be, but not great.
February 9, 2016
Easy viewing, gud story & really like Costner playing tat part!!