3-Iron - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

3-Iron Reviews

August 16, 2008
Brilliant, the two main characters never speak to each other, throughout the movie, just expressions...'silence is golden' :)
August 16, 2008
Kaunis, kaunis draama, taynna upeita kuvia ja metaforia. Jaljittelematonta ohjaustyota. Kim Ki-dukiin pitaa tutustua paremmin, tahan mennessa 3-Ironin lisaksi nahtyna vain Viisi Vuodenaikaa, joka on mestariteos.
August 16, 2008
Sometimes words aren't needed.
½ August 16, 2008
you can express yourself with your eyes...
August 16, 2008
Si duda mucho del mejor cine actual se hace en Corea del Sur, y Kim Ki-duk con esta peli muestra que puede seguir haciéndose cine, y no sólo espectáculos de historias complacientes.
½ August 16, 2008
Truly a unique and mesmerizing film. I couldn't turn away once I got the hang of the story. The two main characters communicate with the audience almost entirely through a form of pantomime (except for one "I love you" near the end). I liked how what starts out as completely benign "housesitting" is recast toward the end as a form of haunting toward the end, but the sinister turn (a measure of revenge) was disappointing but understandable.
August 16, 2008
Silence is golden. Especially because we can hear then that particular "white music" here as well. I'm wordless myself, too, to review this masterpiece of Kim Ki-duk. Definitely a favourite!
August 16, 2008
when words are left over, silence can be poetry... buenisiimaaa!!
August 16, 2008
There is very little dialogue in this strange flick, but it's just as well. Actions speak louder than words, and that's definitely the case with 3-Iron. A beautiful movie.
½ August 16, 2008
Ki-duks most mature effort yet. Mesmerizing visuals and absolute grade A story telling.
August 16, 2008
Eerie, but funny. I liked it most because it was really an ethnography across a cross-section of contemporary Korean domestic life.
August 16, 2008
The unusual thing about this film is that I don't actually remember the two main characters even saying a single word throughout the film. If they do, then it isn't until right to the end. The surprising thing about this, is that it doesn't feel strange with such lack of dialogue. Which shows that the director is skilled to pull off such a feat.
All in all, quite a good film with original quirks. The only thing I disliked about it, was when Tae-suk killed the woman in her car with his golf ball. This was so un-necessary and completely random. It's like challenging your disabled grandmother to a dance-off at a family party. Was the director on acid or something? It didn't add anything to the plot apart from showing the fact that Sun-hwa would rather comfort Tae-suk for murdering an innocent person than stand there thinking, 'what the fuck just happened?'
August 16, 2008
Kim Ki-duk is one of those rare storytellers that create such depth with an idea that is so straight forward and simple... I've been told repeatedly to watch this film and it is everything the hype has decorated it with. Innovative, breathtakingly sexy, and incredibly romantic, it's a must see and a must, must buy. Surrealist yes, mostly silent yes, but despite all its art house and international style the bottom line is anyone can enjoy this film.
August 16, 2008
really quite an unusual film, but it works so well! not many films could pull off having a scilent main character and still impress!
½ August 16, 2008
Tittelen på norsk er "Tomme hus" eller noe i den duren. Soet og underholdende drama med herrrlig få replikker. Tragikomisk og seff estetisk vakker på en sånn sør-koreansk måte! :)
August 16, 2008
At first I was intrigued, but then it just got sillier and sillier. The main character was annoying; he went through the latter half of the film with a smugness that made me root for the prison guard. He also turned into a super ninja. A first class example of a bad art fag film.
A beautiful metaphor.
August 16, 2008
first korean film i've been disappointed with. the main two characters don't speak... and just go from house to house... breaking in and staying in each house for a day or two. oh and the guy plays with a golf ball and club alot?!!? boring!
August 16, 2008
Wonderful film, could be my favourite by this director. I love how the story is so beautiful and touching and how, the catharsis is divine, it feels so ethereal to see the last scene and I adored the perfection it achieved in tis images, the fundamental aspect of film, proving the director is god and no one else.
August 16, 2008
A beautiful, very different movie that takes a big risk in being very lacking in dialogue. The two main characters never speak to each other, its all in the way they move and look. Amazing, faboulous and different.