40 Days and 40 Nights Reviews

• May 09, 2021

Funny, romantic comedy. Great actors. Good storyline. I do not condone rape, which is exactly why the critics are so hard on this movie, I do not believe they intended that scene to point to rape as much as it was to point to the spiteful way a woman can act if she is indeed scorned and other movies have shown much worse... Finally, spite the one [absolutely believable] scene, this movie is great.

• Mar 26, 2021

Like a male rom com love it

Like a male rom com love it

• Feb 14, 2021

Alegre comedia romantica. Sale del molde siendo mas picante, curiosamente al remover el sexo en el personaje. (vistas 3, sostuvo el paso del tiempo)

• Jul 17, 2020

I still cannot believe how disgusting this movie is. A rape scene played like a sort of "joke" and probably the most misogynistic cesspit of a movie youll ever see. Not even Josh and Shannyn could save it

• Jun 30, 2020

The central story is ridiculous and it is hard to care about the characters.

The central story is ridiculous and it is hard to care about the characters.

• Jun 25, 2020

Great watch, will watch again, and can recommend. This is a deep movie about relationships and connections and needs-okay, this about a guy not "releasing" for lint. Other than the surface hilarity of it, this movie multi-threads some story lines very well. This is about dealing with heartbreak, its about the struggle of celibacy, it's about new relationships; it's even about the mental anguish of everyone observing and manipulating your life (and resultingly so, it's about gambling addiction). This movie is a lot of fun, and I feel like I'm a big fan of Josh Hartnett and I feel like I miss Shannyn Sossamon, just on occasion. You'll also see a lot of faces from both the "nerdy minor character" and "hot girl that rarely gets a lead role" camps. Maggie Gyllenhaal is even in this. This movie is a great example of properly balancing several different things on several different axis, and making it work. It's going to make you laugh somewhere, and there are deeper parts to look into, if you're into that sort of thing.

• May 25, 2020

Amusing prompt that does not disappoint with genuine chemistry and admiration as pluses but letdown by being childishly sexist from both sides and immaturely lacks better sense of control just to give room for the unnecessary raunchy, inappropriate injection despite the possibly accurate mindset. (B-)

• Apr 23, 2020

Very good! I think every male should relate to this. Extremely funny in parts and a nice bit of romance in their too.

• Apr 16, 2020

It definitely passed the time, the chemistry between the two stars is palpable by the first meet-cute, but the plot is a little too strange for my taking. If you like romcoms, you'll probably like this.

• Feb 01, 2020

I really enjoyed this 2002 romantic comedy classic. I really thought Josh Hartnett, Vinessa Shaw and Maggie Gyllenhaal played great parts in that movie. If you love great comedy movies like classics “Sidewalks of New York” and “Welcome to Collinwood”, then this gem is absolutely a must see!