The top 42 quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Branch Rickey: Dollars aren't black or white. They're green.‐ Submitted by Frances H (2 years ago)
- Branch Rickey: Ya think God likes baseball, Herb?Herb Pennock: What- What the hell is that supposed to mean?Branch Rickey: It means someday you're gonna meet God and when he inquires as to why you didn't take the field against Robinson in Philadelphia and you answer that it's because he was a Negro, it may not be a sufficient reply!
- Leo Durocher: I don't care if he is yellow, or black or has stripes like a zebra! If Robinson can help us win and everything I have seen says he can, then he is going to play on this ball club! Like it, lump it, make your minds up to it because he's comin'! And think about this when your heads hit the pillow tonight. He's only the first, boys. Only the first. There're more comin' every day and they have got talent and they want to play. And they are gonna come scratchin' and divin' so, I would forget your petition and worry about the field because unless you fellas pay a little more attention to your work, they're gonna run you right outta the ballpark!
- Leo Durocher: Well, I don't know much about the Bible. Look, I didn't go to school just to eat my lunch either. I'll play an elephant if he can help us win and to make room for him I'll send my own brother home if he's not as good.
- Branch Rickey: We had a victory of fascism in Germany. It's time, time we had a victory over racism at home.‐ Submitted by Peter B (2 years ago)
- Ralph Branca: Come on, take a shower with me, Jackie.‐ Submitted by Fenky G (2 years ago)
- Jackie Robinson: I'm not goin' anywhere! I'm right here!
- Reporter Four: Whatcha gonna do if one of these pitchers throws for your head?Jackie Robinson: I'll duck.
- Leo Durocher: If Robinson can help us win, then he is gonna play on this ball club!
- Branch Rickey: Jackie Robinson. A black man in white baseball.
- Branch Rickey: Your enemy will be out in force, but you cannot meet him on his own low ground.
- Wendell Smith: Robinson rounds third, headed for home sweet home.
- Pee Wee Reese: Maybe tomorrow, we'll all wear 42, so nobody could tell us apart.
- Jackie Robinson: God built me to last.‐ Submitted by Ayesha Sofiya L (2 years ago)
- Branch Rickey: I want a player who's got the guts not to fight back.‐ Submitted by Lucas B (3 years ago)
- Jackie Robinson: You wanna draft me into the big leagues?‐ Submitted by Adam P (3 years ago)
- Jackie Robinson: I'm not goin' anywhere. I'm right here.‐ Submitted by Alyssa B (3 years ago)
- Branch Rickey: I'm a Methodist, He's a Methodist, God's a Methodist.‐ Submitted by Lucas B (3 years ago)