4.3.2.1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

4.3.2.1 Reviews

February 23, 2015
Just Another Sex and The City/Die Hard Ripoff.
August 18, 2014
gangsta in a way but pretty intense from start to finish
October 11, 2014
WOW.....WOW....WOW....BAD.....BAD....AWFUL.....MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO SO AD, IT IT SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS AN AWFUL MESS OF A MOVIE........ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROGUHOUT THIS MOVIE, BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, I DID NOT ENJOY THIS MOVIE AT ALL......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE, MAN THIS IS SUCH A REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO BAD.....I DID NOT ENJOY THIS MOVIE AT ALL......
August 14, 2014
Two guys with a Tarantino/Guy Ritchie fixation make a "girl power" crime thriller. "Girl power" seems to mean young women run around in their underwear a lot. In the world this movie is set in, people think nothing of answering their door without putting clothes on. Not that this is really a bad thing, but the obvious tension between the movie's ambitions and what ended up on the screen is a constant distraction. There's really not much to distract from. The film's moderately entertaining, especially piecing the multiple plot threads together ... but we've seen this dozens and dozens of times when this was all the rage in the 90s, and I don't think we've really missed it that much.
½ December 13, 2011
Lots of recognisable faces (e.g. Mickey from" Doctor Who") but a barely engaging plot that meanders along.
May 1, 2014
Written and directed by Noel Clarke (Kidulthood (2006) and Adulthood (2008)), this crime thriller owes a lot to Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon (1950), which focused on a crime and it's aftermath from different perspectives. While this is a good thriller, it does fall into the cliches that comes with British crimes films like this. However, it all comes together in the end, sort of. Just don't expect anything sophisticated. It follows the exploits of 4 friends, Shannon (Ophelia Lovibond), Cassandra (Tamsin Egerton), Kerrys (Shanika Warren-Markland) and Joanne (Emma Roberts) and how one encounter with a gang changed 3 days in their individual lives for them. Shannon finds her Mum (Kate Magowan) leaving home for a younger man, and then getting mugged for the contents of a packet of Pringles. Cassandra goes to New York to meet her internet boyfriend and to audition for a college placement. Kerrys ends up locked in a panic room by a gang looking for lost diamonds, while Joanne finds herself working late shifts at her families corner shop. Then the gang arrive. It's got a sense of fun about it, but it is quite dark, especially when it deals with themes like rape and muggings. However, it does have a good cast, with some familiar faces making some appearances, especially during the New York sequence. It set the scene for a sequel, which won't happen due the film flopping.
March 17, 2014
If you seen "Vantage Point" this will be similar to that, but with women on it. This was actually good, the way they presented it was unique and made the movie work. At first it seems like you don't know what's going on but it all falls in place at the end, like I said similar to "Vantage Point" very well done movie with good looking ladies leading the way. So for this being one good thriller packed with good twist in every chapter, I give "4.3.2.1" a B.
February 28, 2014
Was ok, nothing special.
½ February 14, 2014
Cringe-worthy pretentious urban film-making. There's a lot left to the imagination here as realism goes out of the window throughout, and the dialogue is just as cheesy as the majority of scenes.
½ January 31, 2014
4 1/2 stars!

I really enjoyed this film! I liked the way it told the story in 4 different halves and then in the end it all came together! Love Emma Roberts!!!!
½ December 31, 2013
This sorry attempt at a yoof crime flick is all tricks and flash but ultimately pointless
November 25, 2013
Noel Clarke ("creative mind" behind Kidulthood, Adulthood, Storage 24 and The Knot, but probably best known to Tumblr as Mickey Smith from Doctor Who) brought out 4.3.2.1 in 2010. For the most part it revolves around four young women who are inexplicably swept up in a jewell-heist gone wrong.

Critics for the most part panned 4.3.2.1, but I enjoyed it. Maybe it's just a weakness for British Gangster films, but I honestly thought it was quite good. It's hardly Guy Ritchie-esque in its complexity, but it does fit into the "worth watching" category.

No one actor is really given a chance to stand out, although Noel Clarke did imposing very well (compared to Mickey SMith at least). There's a couple of slight challenges to some pretty standard sexist tropes, but it essentially slots into a rather stereotypical female-led action movie, with a lot of Skins thrown into the actual plot. The split story-lines may not be completely original, but at least it's not worn out, and they're done in a capable way.

68%

-Gimly
Harlequin68
½ September 18, 2013
In "4.3.2.1," Shannon(Ophelia Lovibond) could very much use a friend to talk to but none of them are currently available. Cassandra(Tamsin Egerton) is in New York for an audition and to meet a cute guy she met online. Kerrys(Shanika Warren-Markland) is taking the opportunity to borrow Cassandra's apartment to spend some quality time with her girlfriend Jas(Susannah Fielding). And Joanne(Emma Roberts) has to cover shifts at a convenience store. All of which is a shame because Shannon's problems not only include her mother leaving, but diamonds.

"4.3.2.1" is a flashy, superficial, contrived and convoluted movie that tries to stuff in too much story and cameos to the detriment of any kind of heart, making it with its interlocking stories nothing more substantial than a substandard series of "Skins" episodes, minus all the drugs.(I'm still not sure how the diamonds fit in, by the way.) Shannon's story is supposed to be touching but she just comes off as needy and pathetic. Cassandra's story is just sort of icky. Kerrys does little of interest. Well, at least the movie saves the best for last as Emma Roberts makes the best of a bad situation while delivering a key speech with gusto, just before the movie remembers that it was supposed to be about female friendship in the first place.
½ August 18, 2013
Well. Actually I think this film is above average on the whole. But it is just not so decent enough to be liked.
August 17, 2013
Cool concept, hard to get attached to a character though
July 17, 2013
One of the most annoying movies ever!
½ July 17, 2013
Interesting flick. But the acting is just average, and chemistry between actors was down right poor. Between the 4 main girls for sure. Emma Roberts in particular is miscast. But worth a watch for the story if nothing else.
July 7, 2013
Only watched it based on Noel Clarke's others. But this was disappointing, filmwise as well as the 'acting'
July 4, 2013
I watched this cause it was the first thing on my hard drive I hadn't seen, had no idea what it was but I really enjoyed it. Moved at a fast pace all 4 stories from each girl was really good and fun. I think Emma Roberts is a massive babe.
½ June 12, 2013
Strangely I thought this movie was kind of funny and interesting lol :-P