44 Minutes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

44 Minutes Reviews

June 4, 2016
090406: Wow, been meaning to watch this film for a long time. Finally got it done. Great movie. 44 minutes of action. Whether is was a made for tv movie, which I suspect, or not; it's well done all around. Neat, positive portrayal of police officers in general and the LAPD in particular.
September 21, 2015
Not a bad movie but i think it would have been better if there was no interviews in between.
May 5, 2015
Quite a real type robbery movie, with the gun shots and reproduce the crime scene.
½ April 30, 2014
"44 Minutes" is a powerful base on the true story that will be never forgotten!!" The performances in this movie were extremely strong performances that I ever seen! The directing by Yves Simoneau is mind blowing. "Yves Simoneau has the best believable vision that you won't ever get to see from a director like this!" The screenplay by Tim Metcalfe is remarkable. The score and the effects is superb! The only problem that I have with the movie is so slow that drag the story-line to get the main point of the story. But other then that, "I'm raving that "44 Minutes" is a story that won't be forgotten of the true stories for many year's to come!!!" "This is a 100% must see movie!"
½ August 8, 2013
Loud noises and bright lights from automatic weapons can't cover up the awful acting and deplorable dialogue in this movie.
May 26, 2013
Based on a true story and i believe it. This is something worth watching once a year.
March 16, 2013
Interesting film about the real life North Hollywood Bank Robbery.
December 28, 2012
Mario Van Peebles doesn't seem to have the discerning tastes to pick a good script, or else he can't get anything else. Either way, I'm not interested.
½ December 23, 2012
Fictionalized, dramatized, white washed... might as well have been a fiction.
December 12, 2012
based on a true story of the most terryfying shootout wit the first ak's to ever shoot on cops.
a real intense shootout in american history.
½ April 22, 2012
Imagine Reservoir Dogs with no memorable dialogue, scenes or cinematography. As ever when you make a boring film with a title that incorporates the word 'minutes' it has to be said.. at 2 hours the movie is 1hour 12mins too long.
April 18, 2012
Any film that is based on actual events always have dramatizations to make the film good for the audience's eyes, and I agree with that (i.e. Titanic and Black Hawk Down); but in this film, it only made it worse. The story was bad, the acting was worse; HELL! even the shoot-out sequence was terrible. And I bailed the film half way to the ending. My advice t the people who haven't watched this yet: don't even bother thinking of watching it, it will only waste your precious time.
½ October 23, 2011
Un film qui vaut surtout par son histoire, celle de la fusillade la plus mythique depuis le Miami FBI Shootout.
Une histoire de fous comme seule la violence des armes en réserve, avec des gentils, des méchants, des pauvres innocents et de l'argent, évidemment.
Le film en lui-même pourrait se résumer en un mot : documentaire. La réalisation, la narration, tout cela garde un aspect formel un peu triste. Mais en même temps, comment traiter autrement ce genre d'évènement ? Stone l'a tenté, ce n'était pas plus concluant. Voire moins.
Un film à voir.
August 30, 2011
Stays true to the real-life incident of the North Hollywood LAPD shootout.
January 1, 2011
Good film showing day the bank of America was robbed.
August 24, 2010
Mukavan oloista ammuskelua.
July 8, 2010
Very interesting movie.
½ April 20, 2010
I have been hanging out to see this for a while, because it is a true story, where the criminals were alledgedly inspired by one of my all time favourite movies, Heat.

Unfortunately, it seems like a poor imitation of Heat. The director has a bit of a love affair in using slow motion when the victims are shot. The first time is interesting, after the tenth, its tiresome.

What disappointed me most about this movie is that they showed nothing of the meticulous planning the criminals undertook. Instead, there was in depth coverage of the police backgrounds. That is important, but ultimately what made Heat great, was seeing the dichotomy and ultimately similarility between these rival forces in society.
March 13, 2010
any 1 seen this.... I would like to know...?
February 5, 2010
I'll start off by saying this is intense, intense like the movie Heat? I'd say it's close, if not on par.

To be honest though, it feels like a hbo film (or something among the same lines). Comparative to Heat, it doesn't subject you to the surroundings. Heat had next to no music in the shoot out sequence, which made you feel involved (which heightened the tension). 44 minutes doesn't allow you to be involved, but rather observe. This is partial to the documentary side of the film, which helped send out a message.

Now, this would not replace any favourite action flick. It does allow for some thought though, especially In regards to: the police, the media, the public watching, etc.

Does this movie provide a social commentary? Yes, yes it does. It also provides a decent amount of action, but I wouldn't watch it too much. This film does lack re-playability, unlike Heat.

If you're gonna watch 44 minutes, watch Heat. If you're gonna watch Heat, watch 44 minutes.