Four Dogs Playing Poker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Four Dogs Playing Poker Reviews

½ September 6, 2010
4 DOGS PLAYING POKER (2000)
November 5, 2009
Good cast in a drama with an interesting plot.
March 19, 2009
Who better to assist in complex art heist than group of friends: a drug addict, shoe salesperson, bartender & office worker. Almost as interesting is harebrained scheme to defraud insurance co after losing the statue. Recommend you fold on this one.
January 11, 2009
Bought Four Dogs two years ago on DVD but it took me ages to get round to seeing it, i have to say i really enjoyed it. It might not be the most original movie oreven the best acted movie but it keeps your attention and delivers a good overall story. The final twist you can see coming amileo ff but just forget that and enjoy.
½ November 30, 2008
Although trumped by similar films of the same genre (like Shallow Grave), this is still a decent flick. There's a lot of subtly in the movie, including twists, double crosses, and mini-thrills. Although the plot may seem `far-fetched`it isn`t a bad B-movie.
August 1, 2008
The movie was long, but not that bad of a plot and had you guessing the whole movie.
½ May 13, 2008
Very exciting and interesing movie.
And John Taylor from DD is in it so.. :)

x
December 19, 2007
good idea, shitty acting.
October 30, 2007
I once had a dream I was playing poker with four dogs. It looked nothing like this.
October 20, 2007
Possibly the worst caper movie I've ever seen. Don't waste your time.
½ September 26, 2007
Mainly a rehash of "Shallow Grave" fused with elements of "The Usual Suspects", though it's nowhere near as good as those two genre classics. The film has an interesting premise but it simply doesn't deliver, mostly due to weak performances, point in fact, as characters are so irritating that we hope that they will just all die somehow. Admittedly, the "twist" ending, while predictable, is clever. Thriller junkies like myself may want to rent this, others should just watch again the films that inspired this one...
½ August 27, 2007
I haven't actually seen this, but it's the closest match I can find to the "Dawgs Playing Poker" which a friend of mine worked on.

This movie is probably the worst movie I've seen ever and I really dislike this Asian dude who I know that worked on it that owes a buddy of mine some money. So for that it gets half a star.
July 5, 2007
People may think this movie craps, but I disagree. I caught this on Showtime one day after school and I was hooked immediately! Definitely has an intriguing plot with a twist ending so I definitely recommend.
½ June 20, 2007
Very good movie that few people have ever heard about.
June 6, 2007
It's awesome fun to be completely paranoid about the company you keep...
½ March 8, 2007
Looks at friendship and money! Excellent... Makes you wonder what life would be like when juggling friendship and money.
March 28, 2004
For the most part I found this to be a very well-written movie. The only thing I would change about the story is toward the end, in one of the last scenes the "villain" character explained her plot which kind of ruins things, and a character who is built up to be the type of person who would murder all 4 of them if he does not gets what he wants, is too friendly and too easily gives away the other peoples money. It would have been a lot more believable if they kept the friendliness out of it, and it would have made for a much more impactful ending if they just cut that whole scene (including the villian's explanation of their motives) from the movie. The acting leaves much room for improvement. But as I said the story is very interesting.