4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days Reviews

May 24, 2014
This high tension drama is very graphic and deeply disturbing. Some noteworthy performances from the leads.
May 23, 2014
Wow, talk about a modern masterpiece. 4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days is one of those films I don't see leaving me for a very long time, if ever. It's so painful, so natural, so beautiful and sad and frustrating and a million other things. The acting, combined with the long, structured takes, makes this one of the best films I've seen lately. I know I'll be thinking about this one for a while. Watch it.
½ May 14, 2014
A disturbing dark tale about an abortion committed in Romania. The emotional pain is hard to bear though.
May 10, 2014
The scene where she has gone to her boyfriend's parent's house and left her friend back at the hotel room - what a scene. I felt every emotion she must have been feeling that moment, and I so badly wanted to help her get to the phone - but I was nothing more than part of an audience, watching a fictional (in terms of characters but NOT story) movie. This is an incredible film.
March 29, 2014
4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days. Hardcore dark drama. Loved loved loved the camerawork. Just incredible and emotionally torturous. 9/10
March 20, 2014
disturbing in so many ways, brilliant executed
March 17, 2014
Un drama profundo que cuestiona a la juventud desde varios frentes, y en consecuencia a la sociedad entera.
March 11, 2014
I hated this movie for all it stands for. Romania be damned if this is normal fare.
March 2, 2014
I could not sleep last night and watched it again.. after a few years it is still extremely powerful & brilliant
January 30, 2014
The first half was good, then the second half absolutely bored me. It's also tough to feel for the characters when they act pretty dumb.
January 14, 2014
Although it is extremely raw, real and dark; that is also the reason it should be watched. These films are the reason films began in the first place. These are films about life, and the hardships we face. Especially in countries like this, where ev...read moreen trying to book a hotel room is nearly impossible. I think we all need to just put aside our opinions on abortions, as most of them are superficial anyway...and just see the film for what it is: truth.
½ January 2, 2014
A lulz filled romp about pregnancy...wait...shit, that was Knocked Up...never mind. This is great in the exact opposite way.
December 11, 2013
incredibly ruthless, bleak, and emotionally taxing and seriously one of the best movies you'll ever see. the glacial pace works in its favor because every moment is so intense and watchable that a 20 minute scene with a static camera seems shorter than it actually is. actually pretty relieved that it's every bit as good as i remembered it six years ago.
November 21, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
November 16, 2013
I loved this movie the same way I did with Hunger and Dancer In The Dark. It was able to find beauty in ugliness, wonderful performances and I loved every long shot this had. Thought provocking and expertly directed, this deserves five stars and the Palme D'Or.
½ November 4, 2013
Its brutal, raw direction makes it an unforgettable experience. A masterpiece that has no fear in showing us the consequences of illegal abortions and the slums of Romanian society.
November 2, 2013
The best film of the 2000s. Hands down.
½ October 21, 2013
Superb drama set in Ceausescu-era Romania about a young woman and her female friend's attempts to arrange an illegal abortion. It takes a little while to get going but once it does it is as gripping and tense as any movie you are likely to see. Fantastic performances all round and a deeply intense brooding atmosphere pervades throughout.
October 6, 2013
tough, realistic just reminded me Dardenne. Without music, without exaggeration pure naturalism.