500 MPH Storm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

500 MPH Storm Reviews

½ March 11, 2016
Horrible film, as if the Asylum will ever make a "decent" film. 0.5/10

Horrible acting, suspense, effects, this movie is a total skip.
½ February 20, 2016
ugh my least favorite disaster movie I was hoping to see destruction but I only got 1 2 or 3. scenes are filmed long for some reason this movie made me feel misleading although at least it was a disaster movie 1 1/2 stars 25%
October 28, 2015
This is the worst movie I've ever watched! Stupid illogical plot,bad acting,pathetic special effects.its an absolute dog,
½ August 13, 2015
Laughable action flick with numerous continuity errors and god awful cgi. The movie is about a giant storm but almost every scene is bright and sunny. The dramatic climax involves the main characters running around an abandon factory look for cell phone service.
So amateurish that it's entertaining
May 29, 2015
2015-05-29 implausible throughout, with very white teeth.
January 4, 2015
500 mph storm has all the excitement and energy of an old man crossing the street just before hip replacement surgery. The acting though is absolutely top shelf - I am assuming that the top shelf is where they keep the bad actors. And while I may not fully understand the science behind hurricanes and tornadoes, I am guessing that neither does the person who wrote the script.
May 3, 2014
There is not much to recommend this nonsensical disaster film.

---------------------

Simon's group starts a energy production project. The beam generated is a lot stronger than expected, and it starts hosing the weather in the TX/NM/AZ region. Nathan wrote much of the theory underlying the project, but has been absent from it for a while. When the problems start, Simon tries to contact Nathan. The Sims family is on the run from the storms, and eventually Nathan needs to get with Simon to correct things...such as getting the core of the project's reactor cooled off.

Most of the film is about getting Nathan to the project, keeping the Sims family safe, and fixing the project.

Nathan gets information to Simon to stop the beam. Then the bigger problems show up.

-----Scores-----

Cinematography: 5/10 The parts with no FX were nicely shot. The SFX were on the cheesy side. The model for the project's main site looked like 1960s SciFi props. Some of the matte paintings were not well done at all.

Sound: 3/10 The actors were miked OK. Some of the background music was OK, but a lot of it sounded like it was generated from an automatic system. That irritated me quite a bit.

Acting: 2/10 Sarah Lieving is always easy on the eye and the ear, but this is another film like Mega Shark and Super Shark; I wish she would move to better films. Casper van Dien has done better work, and he helps keep this project from being absolutely terrible. Similarly, this is about the worst property I've seen Michael Beach in. The other actors were rather bad, Bryan Head in particular.

Screenplay: 2/10 The dialog and the plot were both simplistic and nonsensical. The film tries to convey a sense of urgency. However, the repetitions, the mistakes, and the poor delivery by many of the actors negated much the urgency.
March 13, 2014
not even worth the comment , very bad effects , acting is horrible and fake. the story line is ok but the whole set up really gets one upset
½ January 19, 2014
Acting is awful
Story is awful
Special FX are awful
Don't bother!
½ October 13, 2013
Casper van dien drives around with his family from a storm, yet remaining completely dry. Nothing can outrun this storm, except for him and his trusty truck. People talk, trees catch on fire (from the rain) and the movie ends.
½ September 15, 2013
There is almost no way it could get worse. If you love terrible cheesy movies. You might just love it for a laugh, it can have half a star for that.
½ September 6, 2013
Ännu en C-rulle....riktigt kass, dåliga skådisar trots B-skådisar som Casper Van Dien och Michael Beach.
Det grafiska ser ut som det är gjort på en commendor 64 typ. Se inte skiten för faaan räcker med att jag gjorde misstaget!
September 1, 2013
One of the worst movies I ever seen in my life.
August 14, 2013
THIS MOVIE IS HORRIBLE. THE SOUND EFFECT SUCK, REALLY BAD ACTING AND THE VISUAL EFFECT LOOK FAKE. THE PLOT MAKE NO SENSE. IT JUST A REALLY BAD MOVIE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO SEE IT FOR FREE DON'T EVEN BOTHER PAYING FOR IT.
July 12, 2013
Acting...horrible
Special effects...more horrible
Writing...most horrible
½ July 6, 2013
Good concept, terrible execution, bad acting, unrealistic special effects, poor staging. This movie isn't the worst I've seen but it's in the top three.
½ June 24, 2013
What a movie! Plot: kind of OK. Acting: Barbie has better acting skills. Graphics: Barbie could do better animation. Continuity: if the storms have taken out the whole area, pick a location where you don't see cars driving along the roads in the background. We watched it for some time, but unfortunately, no killer zombies turned up. Brilliant use of slow-mo. Adds at least another 15 minutes to the movie, well worth the effort.
June 15, 2013
poorly written,the acting didnt seem realistic.
½ June 1, 2013
What a mess of a movie. The story premise had potential, but didn't rise to it. The acting with the exception of Michael Beach was horrid. LOL! (Michael, how did you get yourself involved with this movie?) The editing...SMH. The special effects...SMH. Watch at your own risk. You have been warned. LOL!
May 28, 2013
80+ minutes of bad acting, bad CGI, stock ballooning footage and weather channel footage combined into something that will not keep your interest for more than 12 minutes. The name is so bad, I had to see what it was. Watch it for the hilarious CGI of balloons being sucked into a tornadoish type event at 09:30. Then turn it off.