The '60s - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The '60s Reviews

March 16, 2016
I watched this movie in a History class several years ago...Loved it!!!
February 6, 2013
An excellent illustration of how the liberal atheist liars who masquerade as news reporters (Katie Couric, Brian Williams, Diane Sawyer are the current crop, Walter Cronkite back then) helped official Marxist workers from the Soviet Union brainwash a generation. Only the movie doesn't tell you that.

Figuring out what is actually going on in the world takes efforts apart from the works made in Hollywood and still spoon-fed to the gullible and ignorant while being called news, comedy or entertainment.

Every lie given to a generation is here again, plenty of them still being pedaled today as if for the first time, making this a perfect vehicle for misleading a new generation of airheads to turn against their own country, turn against whitey, against tradition. Never are the ordinary people informed about, for example, the epidemic of violent racism taking place in 2012-13, the guilty this time being blacks after having resentment and hatred injected into their hearts for the last 50 years.

For entertainment, the acting is okay with all the expected stuff, bad guys (especially fathers and white cops), love stories, happy kisses and hugs at the end, plus speeches against all those dreadful supporters of the rationale behind the Vietnam war.

We actually won that war on the battlefield, by the way, that is until Democrats withdrew funding for the South Vietnamese military and thereby gift wrapped another country for the atheist devotees of Marxism, as Carter would later do again in Nicaragua, not to mention the country he handed to our opponents in World War 3, the Muslims. That was Iran.

At any rate, we lost the war against communism here at home too. Today America lives in a subtle police state that controls nearly every part of life. The work place, falling into line with cultural pressure, controls speech, such as whether one is permitted to talk about anything being morally wrong these days.

I call it Neo-Marxism, providing the simple-minded and gullible a sense, a feeling of freedom. You get to choose your own career and wife. But they still rob the people of more than half of all earnings after adding in hidden taxes such as what the guy who delivers bread to the store pays and passes off to you.

Plus the best part, the little deal about nobody in America actually having the right to so little as own a piece of land anymore. You think you own property. But even after paying the mortgage, just try curtailing the yearly thousands of dollars demanded by the Democrat so they can support their welfare state (which includes a few million illegal immigrants). That house will be forcibly, with guns if necessary, taken right out from under your stupid ass. If they have the right to TAKE your home for not PAYING THEM every year, then you don't own the stupid thing to begin with. Get that?

Yup, these are the people who conquered America. They make movies that drug and teach the population. They back up what is taught with their fake news programs. They fill the schools with dopey liberals dumb enough to believe the scientifically preposterous (and impossible) idea of life forming from NOTHING for no reason.

And for anybody desiring to know how they got the job done, watch this movie, then study the truth like Richard Nixon's book, No More Vietnams or A Place Among the Nations by Benjamin Netanyahu. Or just talk radio. Yes, I know that liberals have been taught to despise talk radio and Fox News. But the liars needed to turn the masses against Limbaugh along with anyone else threatening their fake world, their ownership of this life. That doesn't make what is heard there any less reliable.

Find me at my website, meetchristians com as Randal or at youtube as randalusa. If you want, join me in helping people understand what is going on behind the curtain. Or just go on polishing the boat, watching brainless television and forwarding dumb jokes to friends on Facebook. Your choice.

The movie? If you are clueless, the drama is okay. If a person of understanding, then sitting there knowing you are being lied to makes the experience rather unpleasant, kind of like watching the nightly or even the morning happy version of their news programs.
January 2, 2013
For TV this was really cool.
April 26, 2012
Incredible. Good acting, fantastic music, great script and a great telling of one of the most poignant decades in American history.
December 1, 2011
Very enjoyable depiction of many of the challenges, and issues, facing the U.S. during the 60's. Terrific soundtrack compliments the film. Decent cast. Very interesting storylines.
½ January 14, 2010
not a comedy ..but a good mini series non the less
December 8, 2009
Julia Stiles looks like a frog
½ November 5, 2009
So-so miniseries about the 60's.
September 28, 2009
Recommended by NickCoalNoir.
September 25, 2009
So, anything that has to do with the '60s, I'm there. This was a pretty cool miniseries depicting the whole decade, although I don't know how accurate everything was. I wasn't around during that time (obviously) but some of the scenes seemed contrived and played up too much. Maybe that was the whole point, I dunno. But, nonetheless, it was interesting to see this fantastic decade squeezed into a miniseries and put on screen.
I recommend this one, it's a good time. :)
½ September 16, 2009
Perhaps it was originally for TV-airing, this piece just looks so fragmented. The director & writers were not even doing their jobs by merging the historical backdrop beautifully with the fictional parts.
½ August 14, 2009
The storyline was really engrossing, and the way the timeline was conveyed documentary-style was really cool. (But why it's listed as an actual documentary is beyond me...) I really enjoyed the movie but I have to say I was dissapointed that the description of thr film said it would be about the way the progression of said decade effected 2 families- one white and one black- but there just wasn't nearly enough plot or time devoted to the African American family. There are plenty of subjects that could've been addressed that only received the slightest notice, and it felt, sadly, that the inclusion of the black family was only because one can't really make a film about the 60s if the story is only about a white family.

Also, for the length of the film, and the way the director progressed chronologically year by year, there were many more movements that couldn've been covered by all those characters. Each of the three white kids went his own way, so why couldn't they have turned out more drastically different? They all still could've turned up at woodstock together at the end- a nice touch, by the way.

Anyway, all that aside, it was really engaging, and still had lots of high points and a good cast. For all my complaints, I recommend The 60's.
½ May 10, 2009
I really love this movie.Its entertaining even if it lasts for 3 hours. It shows the whole decade from Kennedy brother assasination to hippie era and Woodstock. This movie inspired me to know more about the crazy 60's
½ April 24, 2009
Fuck yes...this was the SHIT
½ March 10, 2009
Pretty good Mini Series with a Good Soundtrack. Worth watching.
December 2, 2008
Great story intertwined with actual events. Amazing miniseries. Highly recommended.
October 19, 2008
I wonder what this is about. It looks really cliche but I suppose I'd like to see it
August 25, 2008
Interesting take of the 60's backed by okay acting on Julia Stiles part and a not so good soundtrack that should have been amazing.
August 16, 2008
A lousy mini-series with a wicked soundtrack. Get the CD and forget the film.
½ July 21, 2008
What a perfect decade to chronicle as a family melodrama. It may be a little over-cooked in some places, but it's a made-for-TV mini series, what else would you expect? The acting is superb, the soundtrack is top notch, and the coolest part is definitely the way they combined real archive footage and famous political speeches into the storyline, weaving a fictional family into the historical highlights of the generation.