63 Up Reviews

• 2d ago

This feels like a summing up of the many themes explored throughout the Up series which follows a hand full of Britons from the time they were seven years old. The fourth wall really comes down at times as the subjects interact with director Michael Apted, challenging and questioning his agenda directly. But fundamentally this is a celebration of the common man and woman, a chronicle of what these people go through in life as a surrogate for what we all go through. It's brilliant and riveting.

• 5d ago

I’m not sure when I first saw this series. Maybe at 49? But watching these people grow up, in 7 year installments, at exactly my age, is incredibly intriguing. What a project to start. And I hope I’ll get to see 70 Up.

• SamM
    Jan 04, 2020

Because of the 7-year rule, it jumps all over the place, at the 7-year intervals, following different individuals, pretty much randomly. So, it's really not smooth. It's an OK film.

• Dec 22, 2019

Anyone who spent time with the Up series can’t help but feel gratitude for the generosity of the subjects and the unimaginable ways working on this project has impacted each of their lives. Among the many reasons to celebrate this as one of the great works in cinema history is the way Apted and team have edited each of the seven year episodes to be both self-containing and cumulative to the iterative experience for those of us lucky enough to have seen them all.

• Dec 16, 2019

Have seen every reincarnation of this series since 7up in 1965. The three hours flew by with remarkable speed... The quality of the social study documentary series continues to maintain a very high level of entertainment and erudition

• Dec 09, 2019

Not as trenchant as the earlier entries in the series.

Not as trenchant as the earlier entries in the series.