6 Guns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

6 Guns Reviews

½ August 5, 2016
Watchable low standard B movie with dreadful acting. Fortunate it was a very simple film and not too long.
½ February 7, 2015
It's the same old Western revenge flick with under-done acting and a cast who doesn't make the movie feel as though it was set in the Old West save for the semi-decent sets. The murder of our heroine's family and her rape are a little hard to watch and I felt as though the revenge plot fell weak. This would've been better as a torture/revenge, like say the original Last House On The Left or I Spit On Your Grave with a 1880s Western style, but this cheaply done wanna-be loses in the long run.
½ April 30, 2014
6 guns has pretty bad performances, but at least there is the fact that the film tries. Either tries to impress or tries to be good, it just tries.
It fails, but not miserably. More of a rip off of True Grit mostly.
May not be the worst Asylum film, but it's certainly not a good film.
June 30, 2013
Good to see the Van Dykes stick with comedy. The only difference is this one is funny because of all the overacting.

For Frank's sake, this movie is worth a chuckle.
March 12, 2013
½ November 7, 2012
121105: The first twenty minutes of this film are pretty intense so be warned. The nasty murder of two children and their father, and then the rape of the mother get things rolling. Sadly, for some reason, the writer(s) of this film thought that the mother should then become the town drunk, an idea that just seems stupid. To make matters worse, Sage Mears' acting sucked and she was totally unconvincing in her roll. Well, actually, all the acting is pretty bad. On a good note however, this film is not too bad. It's almost a winner, almost. Geoff Mead, as Lee Horn, plays a seriously badass head villain. He also carries a Schofield revolver that gets used frequently.
May 13, 2012
A fairly predictable story of revenge in the old west. Poorly cast and written.
½ May 1, 2012
not the worst movie ive ever seen. it was watchable... made for TV but in a rated R kind of way
March 19, 2012
A fairly predictable story of revenge in the old west. Poorly cast and written.
February 5, 2012
one of the worst movies ever made
February 5, 2012
The concept was good, acting not good and plot was good. The movie could have been great had it been done with better actors and a better director and producer.
½ January 23, 2012
Pretty bad acting, directing, and casting. The concept could have made it a better movie with better actors.
½ October 3, 2011
i wish i had counted the number of times the name "Frank" was spoken. probably just a tad bit more than the word "raped".

"Good to see you back in town again, Frank."

"How long you planning on staying in town this time, Frank?"

"You know, Frank, we always feel safer, Frank, with you in town, Frank."

"Frank, they raped that poor woman and left her for dead, then shot her two sons in the mouth, Fraaaaaannnnk!"

"Hell, let me get you a cold one............................. Mr. Alison."
August 13, 2011
This Movie just sucks. Starts up good and scary but way too cliche!
Story like any other cliche. Bad guys do bad stuff. Victim wants revenge and gets it! Sucks! Waste of time. Lead role woman is a looker and acts good sometimes - I guess it's all bad directing and the music is cheap and bad quality - sorry but I am dissappointed!
½ July 26, 2011
meh..... ive watched worse westerns
½ July 17, 2011
Awful acting, couldn't even watch the whole movie, don't bother with this at all.
June 29, 2011
A okay western at times but also really dull and uninspired.
June 6, 2011
Going into this movie you can't expect much with out being a B rate movie and bring a family affair. Directed by brother, starring brother and father. However, the concept of the movie was a decent one and if you can get past the amateur acting and weak dialogue, the movie certainly is worth watching.
June 5, 2011
I should have given up on this low-budget Western set in the 1800s when, just over two minutes into it, the main female character, Selina Stevens, portrayed by Sage Mears, read the line (yes, read, like most of her lines), "I can't lift the Crock-Pot all by myself." Surely, the writer (I use the word loosely), Geoff Meed, isn't so ignorant as to not have a clue that the trade name "Crock-Pot" and the electrical appliance it refers to weren't invented until the early 1970s. Then again, his forte is martial arts and stunts, so maybe he has been knocked in the head once too often. If he didn't know, then surely someone else in the cast or crew, perhaps the honeywagon driver, should have. That's where the script belonged?in the honeywagon.

Then, about four-and-a-half minutes in, actor Brian Wimmer as the character Will Stevens, said, "I gotta replace all the shuttlers and windows due to the winds that are coming in." No, that's not a typo, that's exactly what he said?shuttlers. Hey, maybe he just flubbed the line and the low budget couldn't stand the strain of re-shooting the scene. On the other hand, maybe Geoff Meed really should give up the stunts and fighting. Permanent brain damage is no laughing matter.

Perhaps The Asylum, known for producing "mockbusters," used these lines as a joke, but they weren't nearly as funny as this joke of a movie.

Hard to fathom, but yes, I kept watching to the end, mostly out of fascination with how terrible it was?just as one refrains from turning away from a train wreck. But life is too short to have spent the time watching or to further comment on this train wreck. I hope I've saved someone else the waste of time.
May 26, 2011
I...WHAT!? This was just...wrong. Just wrong. No. Bad Asylum. Bad, bad Asylum.