72 Tenants of Prosperity (72 ga cho hak) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

72 Tenants of Prosperity (72 ga cho hak) Reviews

½ July 20, 2016
liked the movie BUT couldn't find this anywhere here in MI so I had 2 buy a copy on DVD I think they used the worse print of this they could find quality is horrible & the subtitles r nearly impossible 2 read finally the english translation sucks and makes no sense whatsoever shame on whoever translated this it really brings down the whole viewing experience!
February 5, 2014
A good example of a "local" film production for Lunar New Year festival.
February 25, 2013
It's always good to see many actors in one film,most of the cast in "72 Tenants of Prosperity" are from Hong Kong's TVB.Some are comeos while some are main leads.There is nothing much special in the overall film,to be frank.The only best part is when Jacky Cheung's character trying to act like Jacky Cheung,himself.haha.
November 2, 2012
Funny, still worth watching when you dont mind rotten movies.
June 16, 2012
lots of stars... super cute... very funny... =)
July 31, 2011
It felt like a movie done for a charity event or for a paycheck. There's a heart in the film, but it's also a blatant reel for advertisement. I know it's an homage to the film in the 70's, but it carries too much slapstick humor. I often felt the need to turn away from the film and do the preverbal face-palm. I guess I'm giving it 3 stars because it attempts to be a musical, which were actually the good parts.
May 12, 2011
Funny, still worth watching when you dont mind rotten movies.
March 6, 2011
it was good, made me want to see it again
December 9, 2010
I can't stop laughing! Too many puns from popular culture.
½ November 26, 2010
海-港人,?測 (C)己?- 1/4(TM)港" 1/2 (R)"<!
Thanksgiving !
½ October 16, 2010
Excellent spoof film. Reminds me of that awesome 'two chicken restaurants' chinese movie from around 1990.
½ October 4, 2010
I'm generally against remakes like this but they brought back lightning-pace comedy. Lovely.
½ August 18, 2010
This is the kind of hong kong film is don't like.
Full of in-jokes and slapstick comedy.
I found it very hard to enjoy.

It's a shame though as I truly love Mongkok, this just wasn't the Mongkok I have experienced.
½ August 3, 2010
Typical movie for lunar new year with numerous TV stars
July 14, 2010
Nice HK comedy about a group of neighbours united again rapacious landlords. Some characters are really extreme but they contribute to make the movie entertaining.
June 26, 2010
A perfect comedy for the Chinese New Year mood. A re-make and enhanced version of the 72 tenants, this version is much more funny and have incorporated a lot more modern funny elements to it.

The opening of this movie starts of a little like "High School Musical". I love how they used the real life series of events happening in Hong Kong in the movies and I seriously love to see Eric Tsang and Jacky Cheung battling each other.

This movie has involved more than 30 top stars to act in it... and it surely did make it a merry Chinese show. I totally love the mood and feel of the show and love the continuity from the original 72 tenants show. However the ending is a little lame and predictable. Afterall, it's a Chinese New Year movie.
½ June 16, 2010
Gong xi Gong xi Happy new year! can not really comment this kind of specially for new year comedy. it consist of various tvb artists and cameo from tvb drama. i can not say that it better than older version of 72 tenants, not that enjoyable. i can only say "Laughter".
June 6, 2010
Good for some laughs...probably will not pay to watch it! :-D
May 31, 2010
OMG....all my Chinese (or don't mind reading subtitles) friends has got to rent this. IT'S HILARIOUS!!!! Oh, my stomach hurts...it's sooo funny!!!