Green Lantern - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Green Lantern Reviews

½ January 12, 2017
Looking past the terrible CGI, and the failed franchise it was supposed to kickstart, is it really a bad movie? Yes, yes it is. Ryan Reynold's semi-charismatic performance is the only light in this movie. The opening is clichéd; they clearly wanted to set up every character's motivation in as little time as possible. Strangely, in a film about an intergalactic police force, all the characters with any development come from Earth, and are boring. So very boring. The story is predictable and dull. Each line of dialogue the characters spit out is a tired cliché. Every action scene is overdone, and obnoxiously loud. With such an impressive line of comics, you'd think they'd be able to do a better job than this. In brightest day, in blackest night, this film is not worth your sight.
½ January 7, 2017
This movie wasn't bad at all. Better than other DC movies like BM vs SM. Apparently, people who didn't read comics gave it bad reviews.
January 3, 2017
I really like this movie
December 27, 2016
I can't believe the low ratings, I could watch over and over. Good story, good action, patiently waiting for sequel that probably won't happen
December 10, 2016
Green lantern reminds ous that bad comic book movies are still made Ryan renalds really trys as green lantern but with bad special effects a lot of unfleshed character development from the side character and a villianin that's both motives are a doove and acting is hyperbolize through the totality of the film in the end you think that there would be more hear but it's just a rushed together movie
½ December 9, 2016
Everything about this movie was horrible, if you love green lantern this movie is a disgrace to the fans who love his mythology absolutely horrible.
November 29, 2016
Too many CGI in this! Also, Hector Hammond looks freaky and geez, no wonder Ryan Reynolds decided to play Deadpool
½ November 28, 2016
Yep its what everyone has told me this movie is not worth watching.
November 22, 2016
This is the most outstanding movie i have ever laid my eyes upoon it has a very cool plot i dont know why the avengers didnt show up in this one but i hope to see iron man wear the ring for the second one !!!!!
½ October 26, 2016
Honestly kind of liked this film, but would rather have Reynolds playing deadpool any day.
October 3, 2016
This is the limpest and messiest superhero movie in some time. i like the character and the story, but this film delivered it all wrong. It is poorly pace and the script is a complete mess to behold. Even the effects are spotty. Ranging from mildly impressive to subpar. I honestly thought the film looked cheap and yet underproduced at the same time. It is just a wildly convoluted story with far too much going on for its own good. There was two or three films worth of material in a movie that was under two hours. It the makers of this film spent more time on a script then the effects it might have had a fighting chance. People need to take a page from Christopher Nolan's playbook when making these kind of films.
½ September 28, 2016
Not Worth it. This movie is definitely not worth your money. The characters were awful, even Ryan Reynolds wasn't even in this movie. It's a disappointment even said by the actor himself. DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE
½ September 21, 2016
Not even ryan Reynolds chiseled physique and devil-may-care charm can save this film from its poor CGI, thin plot and just dull writing.
September 6, 2016
Decent early-phase DC comics film that, in my mind, actually outdoes Batman v Superman. Its biggest sins are *ridiculously* forced and *constant* exposition. But I was able to follow along with the relatively simple storyline throughout, and was able to enjoy it as a no-expectations one off superhero flick starring the fantastic Ryan Reynolds and gorgeous Blake Lively.
September 5, 2016
A complete misfire on every level
September 4, 2016
I simply do not understand the hatred for this movie. I like it alot and to me it fares well with most other superhero movies. I enjoyed it alot.
½ September 1, 2016
Not bad but relied too much on CGI where it wasnt necessary.
½ August 28, 2016
Hal Jordan+Ryan Reynolds=douchebag! A complete waste of time! I never liked his face either! Even Blake Lively, no matter how sexy she is, is completely one dimensional, and felt forced into this supposed origin story, just to have a lame love interest!
Reynolds, you better nail it as Deadpool, or I'm not going to support your talent ever again, right!?
August 28, 2016
acting, technology, intro to the DC lantern universe. worth it!
August 24, 2016
Wtf was this. This movie was trash