Raiders of the Lost Ark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raiders of the Lost Ark Reviews

November 17, 2012
Is this a duplicate on Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes?
½ November 5, 2011
I Love all the Indiana Jones Films
December 20, 2010
The best modern adventure cliffhanger and a bona fide classic.
½ September 4, 2010
Greatest action adventure movie ever! Enjoy it every time I watch it!
January 13, 2010
My absolute favourite film no film will ever come close. It has every ingredient a film needs Adventure, Action, fantasy and Romance. Spielberg can never re create the magic he had with this film. Genius!
October 20, 2009
incorrect title, but i know of which movie the post refers to. ok.
DrLappos
August 6, 2009
Oh come on I defy anyone to say they didnt like this or most of the following movies.....classic and a great vessel for Ford...I loved Elliot in theses movies.
½ February 13, 2009
When this movie came out everyone thought it was the greatest movie they had ever seen. I just thought it was a good movie and that it had been so long since anyone had seen a good movie they had forgotten what a good movie was like. I saw this movie the first time at the Heritage Park Mall in Midwest City. Later that year in November I took my first trip to Seattle and while I was there I went to see it again in a big theater in the parking lot of a mall in Kent, WA. It had a stereo sound system unlike the theater in Midwest City. I was amazed that the gun shots during the gun battles were coming from different corners of the room. Sometimes while we were in Seattle we would make Christmas shopping trips to some of the local malls. I saw my first Laserdisc player in a mall south of Seattle. A few months after I got home I bought my first Laserdisc player. As soon as Raiders came out on Laserdisc I bought it. When I watched at home with the sound piped through my stereo the gun shots also came from different corners of the room. The Laserdisc is in full screen. I haven't seen the DVD but it probably comes in widescreen and even better sound. As for the movie, the plot is improbable, Karen Allen is young and good looking, and Harrison Ford runs and jumps snaps his whip like he knows what he is doing. Before you go see the latest movie you need to see this one first.
January 25, 2009
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST FILMS EVER MADE!
November 17, 2008
A timeless classic. Has all the right ingredients: a smart script, a likable hero, a dash of romance, more than a touch of comedy, and a lot of fast-paced action.
Spielberg can never top this. Period.
October 18, 2008
This second film in the series really opened my eyes in terms of what we believe in, even though I can see how some viewers might think this movie might have been a little over the top in terms of realistic-ness. I don't care though because it is a classic!
October 16, 2008
One of the most entertaining movies ever made. Spielberg scores big with a classic adventure story in the tradition of 1930s serial movies: Harrison Ford is indelible as Indiana Jones, a professor who is a part-time world-traveler/archaeologist (or maybe its the other way around), thwarting any imaginable form of danger at every turn. Expertly crafted, this film is a great example of the success of action in favor of story. Hasn't aged a bit.
½ October 16, 2008
This is the movie that started a saga! it is great. Fun from the beginning.