Autumn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Autumn Reviews

½ May 11, 2016
not great acting or story, but still a somewhat interesting take on zombies. Carradine's character was at least interesting.
March 5, 2014
This is a prime example of the author having too much control of what happened in the making of this movie. If you haven't read the book this movie will make no sense and be extremely boring.
December 8, 2013
It's just sooooo boring. It takes 45 minutes before anything actually happens, and then it's just an underdeveloped mess from there.
November 2, 2013
This low-budget zombie movie moves as slowly as its subject matter. The survivors of a virus, immune for unknown reasons, haven't paid attention to popular culture over the last decade as they know nothing at all about zombies or their behavior. As a consequence, the audience knows more than the poorly conceived characters and has to endure all the zombie basics until the characters catch up. Makes for a boring movie. The blood effects in the beginning were decent. Zombie effects rot.
August 14, 2013
The virus that wipes out most of the populace happens quickly and brutally, it's only later that the survivors realize the dead are returning to a semblance of life. Autumn's interesting take on the zombie apocalypse has a progression from shambling undead to higher and higher levels of aggression and movement. Unfortunately, the character driven story and dialogue aren't strong enough to keep us engaged. Worth seeing, but disappointing that they weren't able to do more with it.
½ August 10, 2013
Low budget, kind of shoddy zombie flick. Characters aren't that good, though I was pretty surprised to see David Carradine. The zombie concept was actually a bit interesting, being mostly harmless at first but growing more aggressive as the days went by. There isn't much else original though, and in the end it's mostly a below average obscure zombie movie. But then again.
½ April 1, 2013
I'm open to low-budget zombie flicks. I own a couple hundred zombie flicks . . . I am actually sad I purchased this one. Least it was a used purchase. Slow, choppy, mostly three people arguing and very little action.
November 12, 2012
Autumn is a zombie movie that is centered around a group of survivors after a unknown apocalypse. The survivors are attracted to a building that is playing music where they meet other survivors. The show is then centered around the decisions that would be made by survivors in this very situation, I would say this part of the movie was very well done. One aspect of the movie is we the audience get to see how people evolve from corpses to zombies and how the survivors react to each stage that the zombie evolves.

Overall I thought the movie was slow, you have to be a zombie movie fan to watch this movie, I have seen worst Zombie movies and overall I would not recommend this movie to even the most die hard zombie movie fans.
½ September 18, 2012
a waste of $5 at walmart
August 7, 2012
Not a big fan of zomie films and this one didnt change that. Like a british Walking Dead. for most of the film the Walkers dont even eat anyone. People just run into them all and push them away. kind of stupid.
½ March 21, 2012
Without a doubt the worst film I have ever seen ever ever ever...quickly have a look across my other films. Notice how I really quite like some fairly bad films for some unintentional comedy value or element of charm. Not this film! Irredeemable, unspeakable awfulness.
½ February 26, 2012
Boring, dull, poor camera effects, poor acting.
½ February 5, 2012
A boring, low budget film thats been done a thousand times but better!

5/02/2012
½ November 10, 2011
Being in the low budget section of cinema, Autumn made due with what it had. Here we have a different take on the zombie culture with the film concentrating more on it's characters than the gore aspect of its brethren. A sudden virus seems to take hold of the surrounding countryside, having people drop suddenly frothing at the mouth. The remaining survivors hide out in a building, then break off on their own, with three deciding on a quiet setting away from the city. Thinking they're safe from the undead, they quickly make a home for themselves until the dead start to get more aggressive and start wandering into their quiet resort in the woods. Like I stated previously, the film centers on the three surviving characters and how they deal with what's going on around them. The zombies at the start seem to be passive, wandering aimlessly around the town, but somehow start to become accustomed to their surroundings and are provoked with random noises; for instance, a generator that is being used by the three survivors. For people who like unrelenting assaults of zombies attacking, this film is not for you. Autumn is more dialogue-driven than anything else, having an amateurish backdrop when it comes to it's camera angles. The zombies are not bad for being low budget and when the gore scenes did come about, they fit right in to what the creators were going for. By the way, David Carradine's small part in the film was rather dumb and wouldn't have affected the script if he was left out.
November 6, 2011
When a mystery virus gruesomely kills millions and the corpses reanimate, The survivors soon come to realise that quietness is the only way to survive.

Though this is quite a well made little movie, and the idea of the zombies slowly evolving is an interesting one, the bulk of the film is a complete let down. The little storyline seems to be entirely made of the the three main cast members running or driving somewhere, waiting around, fighting some zombies, talking and then going somewhere else to do the same thing, and it gets really boring, really quickly. The zombies are all pretty basic, and the gore is just made up of a few blood smeared faces. The end of the movie is quick and unsatisfying but is quite welcome. As any horror fan will know, there are a plethora of zombie movies out there, and there are a lot of them that are much better than this movie.
June 21, 2011
I liked how the zombies started out in this one, and how the people treated or reacted to them. That added some humor, and David Carradine's part was interesting. Not the best zombie movie, but not the worst either.
May 30, 2011
Low Budget and very low on entertainment, despite trying to do something a little different with the zombie formula...
½ April 6, 2011
Oh god, this was so terrible that after 10mins I couldn't bear to watch it anymore and turned it off. Poor dexter fletcher. Go back to press gang!
iLeo
February 16, 2011
An interesting movie that follows a small group of people surviving a post-apocalyptic event when a virus eliminates the general population. Michael, Carl, and Emma are amongst the remaining few that are alive. The three decide to leave the city in hopes of surviving in the country, until their actions attract those returning from the dead.
Dexter Fletcher, Dickon Tolson, Lana Kamenov, Anton Brejak, and David Carradine stars. Worth seeing!
½ January 20, 2011
The lighting is extremely poor throughout most of the movie, which is the least of my criticisms. The best acting comes from David Carradine (say what?) while the rest of the unknown cast members do an excellent job of putting the audience to sleep. There isn't a single redeeming quality. I'm a B-movie horror fan so my standards aren't set high but [i]Autumn[/i] is absolutely foul.