Masters of Horror - Tobe Hooper: Dance of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Masters of Horror - Tobe Hooper: Dance of the Dead Reviews

October 19, 2010
This short is a truly innovative and exciting watch. The lead actors bring the script to life and do justice to a great story. I was expecting a paint by numbers plot, but found myself relieved, amused and suprised (for once) by the actions and reactions of the characters. I consider this film a little gem that could easily be overlooked. My advice, forget the budget, forget the cover and enjoy this breath of fresh air.
March 29, 2010
61/100. Rather brutal and depressing, but it is imaginative and fascinating in a sick sort of way. It wasn't predictable, that's for sure. Fine performances. Visually, it is creatively sleazy, very dark and grim, but it's very effective. Tobe Hooper's direction is very focused. It is interesting.
February 9, 2008
This Movie is ok, but a little weird. The plot of this movie is original, set in a post-apocalyptic future after World War 3. Life in this bleak future is cheap and it seems most people are on drugs. I don't want to give too much away but I will say Robert Englund plays the twisted MC of the Doom Room.

It is also well worth noting that the great and talented Billy Corgan scored this movie.