Devil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Devil Reviews

May 19, 2017
If Clue met the horror genre in an elevator one day and was like "waddup".
May 15, 2017
110212: Good entertainment. Turn off the lights and have fun. Must've been great on the big screen.
½ May 2, 2017
Devil's premise is quiet thrilling and a step in the right direction for M. Night Shyamalan even though the acting could use some major work.
FiLmCrAzY
February 15, 2017
I very much enjoyed this movie. It's tense and exciting. Worth the watch.
January 29, 2017
Revolutionary involved.
½ December 15, 2016
This movie changed my life in a good way.
½ November 28, 2016
thrilling and super creepy
November 25, 2016
With such an intriguing premise, this Twilight Zone-esque movie could have been scarier and much more claustrophobic, but it only manages to be a satisfying supernatural Agatha Christie-like story whose merits are due more to its solid direction than to its weak script.
½ November 6, 2016
M. Night Shyamalan knows how to scare audiences with his films, and "Devi"l is no exception. It's a cool premise with good acting, an intriguing story and spooky suspense. I'm actually giving it more between 3 and a half and four stars. Anyways, it's a very creepy movie and definitely recommended !!
October 3, 2016
The second movie in our 31 nights of horror, Devil was an interesting take on the "stuck in an elevator" trope. The cast was good, all of them solid actors with decent range' playing genuinely unlikable characters. I liked the build up, an intelligent use of cinematography, sound, and storytelling to create suspense. The ending has a twist that was somewhat unexpected and enjoyable. I really wish this movie was more frightening though. There were ample opportunities to scare the hell out of the viewer, yet Devil only took advantage of a few of these moments. I believe this movie could have been so much more chilling. 3 out of 5 stars.
September 16, 2016
This movie, I love it, cause when I was a little kid my mom use to tell us this and sure it seems like a typical horror movie but the movie has a nice plot and script.....
August 18, 2016
really entertaining from start to finish. loved it!!!
August 13, 2016
Not as bad as I expected it to be. Watchable although predictable.
½ August 8, 2016
Fast paced supernatural thriller that mostly delivers; some plot problems here and there but it has some scares and suspense.
½ August 8, 2016
Decent horror/mystery. I enjoyed it.
July 25, 2016
Really good movie. Keep u guessing, and has a bit of a religious sense to it.
July 11, 2016
This film has gotten way to much credit from both critics and audiences. Terrible film.
July 1, 2016
A very simple, yet intriguing. I enjoyed how much this movie kept me on the edge of my seat and a plot twist much like the movie The Sixth Sense. Could have been better but I have definitely seen worse. 4 stars!
May 19, 2016
Simple and a bit silly, but well performed and well-intentioned in its morals, Devil is a surprisingly entertaining and effective thriller ride
½ May 8, 2016
Considering the whole film takes place in a lift, i actually thought it was pretty good. Keeps you guessing throughout.