Crazy, Stupid, Love. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crazy, Stupid, Love. Reviews

½ January 16, 2017
Crazy Stupid Love would be an enjoyable rom com with simply Steve Carrell's humorous presence, but thanks to power couple Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone; Crazy Stupid Love becomes just a bit more lovable.
½ January 16, 2017
A romantic comedy that I actually liked ... that actually made me laugh ... and had me attached to the characters. :)
½ January 9, 2017
Funny and entertaining romantic comedy with a great cast.
½ January 7, 2017
Not so much knee slappin' funny as it is cute. Great casting. Update: Watch this every time it's on. One of our favorites.
December 28, 2016
over-the-top romantic comedy with hilarious performances from both Gosling and Carell.
½ December 15, 2016
I always think it's hard to not at least like a movie when it's full of a cast that you love. I thought this was a touching romantic comedy that has a rewatchable factor that I didn't expect. Everyone gives very honest and genuine performances and I liked the sexual politics. The soundtrack was brilliant. There are some problems but parts of it are very clever like when Marisa Tomei ends up being his child's teacher. Very funny.
December 8, 2016
Title says it all, but if you go in expecting that, you won't be disappointed. On Blu-ray.
December 4, 2016
Nothing strikingly good or bad. A good movie to watch for chilling on a Saturday night.
November 24, 2016
An average romantic comedy that boasts a terrific cast, especially Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling, who is clearly one of the most versatile actors of his generation. Despite some silly moments that threaten to bog down the story, it is touching enough to be worth it.
November 22, 2016
chick flics don't get better than this , I must admit , I love Steve Carroll humor and this movie is just filled with his talent ! the combination gosseling Carroll works bringing a Stinson / Mosby dynamic that we don't get tired to watch on screen .
the movies message is not something new and it was probably repeated hundreds of times before , what changes is in the way to bring it to the table in a more bouncing way . the movie could have stopped anywhere near the end to let the auditor get to his own conclusions , however the movie delivers a satisfying ending.
Overall I had a good time watching it and that's what movies are all about !
½ November 13, 2016
So many on-point, can't-help-but-squirm moments... a treat. Only complaint, I'm not going to approach Ryan Gosling in his combination of sexy, ruthless, and vulnerable.
½ November 7, 2016
Comédia com abordagem realista do amor de suas desventuras, com um roteiro que, se não reinventa a roda, pelo menos tenta imprimir algum frescor ao gênero já cansado, com personagens um pouco mais críveis que de costume e atuações honestas de seu elenco de peso. Vale a pena.
½ November 1, 2016
Hilarious with an unexpected twist. Everything blends so well together and the chemistry between the cast are amazing. I've thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
½ October 23, 2016
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
October 17, 2016
Hilarious and lots of fun to watch, a bit raunchy.
October 10, 2016
Love is a strange little thing. It affects everyone: it can catch us early in life, or can be a delayed process. Love can strengthen relationships, or tear them apart. Everyone approaches love differently, with some opting for more extroverted means and others letting love come to them.

Crazy, Stupid, Love takes a look at all of these things in a romantic comedy that's oozing with charm. The directing duo of Glenn Ficarra and John Requa takes a story that could pretty standard, not to mention lacking focus thanks to so many subplots, and delivers a wildly entertaining time. It's a rare case of a rom-com taking its time to find its footing and builds more and more steam as it progresses, as opposed to the typical case of this kind of comedy starting with a bang and fizzling out by the end, which, despite seeming worrisome at first, pays off greatly.

A key part of any rom-com is the chemistry between its leads, and the film delivers in more than one way. The strongest relationship here is, perhaps surprisingly, between the two male leads, suddenly aimless middle-aged single man Cal Weaver (Steve Carell) and expert womanizer Jacob Palmer (Ryan Gosling). Carell, unsurprisingly, brings so much likeability to a kind of character that he has all but monopolized as his own; Gosling, on the other hand, once again jumps back into a romance role after The Notebook, but proves his comedic timing and charm (if the latter wasn't obvious enough by now). Together, the two completely dominate every scene they share, and really help each other grow as characters. Cal shares a complicated, but ultimately nice, relationship with his wife Emily, an expectedly solid role from Julianne Moore; likewise, young aspiring lawyer Hannah (the ever charming Emma Stone) is all too good for Jacob's game, which gives him a test of his own. If there's a weak link in all of this, it would have to be the subplot of Jonah Bobo's Robbie, hopelessly in love with his older babysitter Jessica (Analeigh Tipton). Nothing against Bobo's acting, he's just stuck with a character who's often grating rather than charming.

The sentimentality will be a turn off for anyone who isn't a fan of that kind of storytelling, but it's a cute little movie with a strong sense of heart fueling this tale of well-meaning folks caught in the ties of love. It's not particularly crazy, but it's certainly not stupid.
September 5, 2016
Steve Carell and Emma Stone carry the film which is alright at best
½ August 30, 2016
I have actually watched this movie on numerous occasions... A really enjoyable watch that I have to admit I loved.
August 29, 2016
I loved how the story came together. The scene leading up the dirty dancing move was my favorite part! Haha
August 16, 2016
"Amor à  toda prova" à (C) daqueles raros filmes no gênero que conseguem equilibrar perfeitamente o hilário e o sentimental principalmente pela performance carismática do elenco. Alà (C)m disso, os vários centros narrativos não apenas funcionam como tambà (C)m se completam. Ã"timo!