The Way Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Way Home Reviews

December 23, 2014
Desidratei! ='( Uma história "simples" demonstrando a grandeza de Deus. Lindo! Lindo!
½ November 29, 2013
interesting and emotional story.
May 28, 2012
Christian faith movie based on a true story. Yes some acting is over the top like ALL movies, but don't let that stop you from seeing this story.
August 2, 2011
Starring Dean Cain (Clark from The New Adventures of Superman tv series from the 90's), this is a story about a parent's worst nightmare....having a child go missing.
July 1, 2011
I like movies based on true stories, but this one didn't seem to reach out and touch me as most do, especially when a child is involved. A typical Christian movie with some pretty awful acting. Dean Cain was in this one, so I thought that I would give it a shot. Not terrible, but nothing special at the same time.
May 23, 2011
1) DEAN CAIN loses his son.
2) DEAN CAIN prays to god.
3) DEAN CAIN finds his son.

I just saved you 90 minutes.
February 4, 2011
Excellent... Great storyline and family oriented God centered movie!
½ January 27, 2011
This movie was based on a real family whose two year old son disappeared while the parents were packing to leave on a family vacation. The movie had a good message, however was predictable.
½ October 21, 2010
Very touching and heartfelt story. Plus Dean Cain. Nice combination!!
September 15, 2010
They killed my Superman. :( Okay, that?s a little bit loon, and I bet you folks are wondering what the hell I?m talking about? Well, I am talking about this movie, The Way Home. Dean Cain, who acted in Lois&Clark The New Adventures of Superman as Clark Kent a.k.a Superman played Randy Simpkins, a workaholic husband and father who is torn between the demands of his job and family.

When I first saw a glimpse of Dean Cain on the DVD cover, the first thing that I thought was ?Whoa? Clark, you?re out of shape. You look? chubbier!?

My second thought when I was hurled into the world of Randy? I really couldn?t connect. Why? Because of the cast, of course. I am used to seeing Dean Cain moonlighting as Clark Kent aka Superman, not a workaholic husband and father who is irresponsible enough to ditch his two year old son to play by himself. In my mind, Dean Cain would always carry the image of the solid and steady and responsible Clark Kent who could balance everything in his hectic life and the strong and powerful Superman who only two things in his life could bring him to his knees, which is: Kryptonite and Lois Lane. And Superman is not like Randy? he?s? good with children. He doesn?t tell children off when he?s trying to save the world, instead, he gave them a bit of their time and gives word of encouragement before flying off to save the world.

In The Way Home, there?s a scene where Dean aka Randy was completely helpless. He was reduced to a desperate man who longs to be reunited with his son. He fell onto the ground, and was on his knees while yelling for God?s sign and guidance.

I was really? uh? speechless to see this scene. I mean? uh? at this point, I still can?t see Dean as Randy. I still see him as Clark/Superman. And Superman is a strong, solid and dependable character. Superman is concrete?a hero, while Randy is just a mere mortal.

Okay, I?m not being fair here?The Way Home is a good story. The movie based on a true story, set on March 31, 2000 where Randy Simpkins came home early from the office to help his wife, Christal, pack for a vacation to the beach. Within minutes on their rural farm home, their 2-year old son (Joe) is gone.

The next 8 hours would put Randy through a life-altering roller coaster of emotions that would challenge his priorities regarding God, his family, and community.

The movie is very good, in fact, as it?s based on a true story where a child is lost, and the story of faith. The message that the story is sending is clear? faith that God would not let you endure more than you could handle, and with God?s will, all will be right again apart from the child and spousal negligent message, but I still couldn?t picture Dean Cain aka my Clark Kent/Superman as Randy.