Altitude - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Altitude Reviews

½ July 15, 2017
Another trash in the bin.
September 27, 2015
An entertaining "one timer" , twice in a lifetime would be too much. This film is not, in any way, shape or form, in the tradition of the Twilight Zone, the college aged characters coming off more like spoiled 16 year olds . Likewise, the overacting took away from what little drama there was, in a fairly predictable movie; the silly poster with the tentacles gives too much away.
½ August 18, 2015
Looking for an old fashion friday night low butdget horror film? With that last thing in mind, its a pretty watchable movie, fun and your will never expect that ending!
August 4, 2015
first off they are much older than teens but anyway the story itself is intriguing enough to keep you interested even though it is slow going at first... the twilight zone twist near the end was definitely wild. overall not a bad horror movie.
½ June 29, 2015
THIS WAS THE STUPIDEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN! The effects were horrible, there were a ton of plot holes, and the whole friggin movie was illogical. I can't even explain how ridiculous this movie was. The actors and actresses did a poor job and overall this movie is a waste of time and you can obviously tell it had the worlds lowest budget. DONT WATCH THIS MOVIE!
½ June 24, 2015
I think this is why flying scares people
knowing that you're not alone in the air is quite nervewracking
a group of friends fly to a concert but an evil entity has them trapped; they cant go up or down and fuel is running out
hated 1 character here so bad I wanted him to not survive this situation
but everyone else did fine
the film also gave me two good scares which is a hard task to do these days
they kind of inserted a Langoliers-vibe in here but it's not as drawn out or long winded
Jessica Lowndes still has that dramatic weight to carry a role; a pilot left with zero options to fly the plane, she's quite fragile but not so cold
the final reveal near the end totally spins everything around, you wont believe it!
one person has at least one fear of flying and this movie may make you not want to go on a plane ever again
½ May 9, 2015
the pilot is one of the worst actors in this movie. she was terrible in 90210 remake as well. how is it that looks get people so far?????
½ April 7, 2015
This has to be one of the best setups to a terrible movie I've seen. Made to be a clever twist on a type of "Twilight Zone" episode, where strange things happen to a group of kids on a small plane, it had all the good ingredients, claustrophobic setting, group of people and a creature. What is produced however, is an overlong and boring intro that becomes the majority of the movie, bad acting, predictable twists that you see coming a mile away and the most uninteresting characters that you have no connection to. With the exception of the concept and somewhat decent ending that had that "Twilight Zone" feel, this movie nosedived quick and crashed. D-
½ December 30, 2014
Wow this movie Altitude was way better than I thought it would be lol
November 18, 2014
Successfully blending elements of Lovecraft and anthology horror of the 50's, Altitude keeps things to a minimum, with maximum results.
September 22, 2014
Silly. Just plane silly. (see what I did there?)
September 11, 2014
sometimes okay, generally a bit duff.
April 30, 2014
This movie was highly entertaining. That ending was brilliant even if it was fairly predictable once things started going bad.
½ April 27, 2014
This movie is sooo underrated...

I thought this movie was well made...gave you a feeling of to wonder whats going on..whats going to happen..whats in the dark...I have to agree the acting wasn't that well done and with some horrible actors as well..and the characters are so unlikable..

But when it comes down to the storyline..I thought it was great...Donnie Darko meets Altitude. Overall C+
½ March 23, 2014
90210 star Jessica Lowndes takes to the big screen in this very effective and atmospheric supernatural thriller that takes place entirely onboard a small passenger plane, so if you're claustrophobic hold tight as this movie can get pretty breathless and tight. I think this movie was a straight to DVD, and I avoid them types at all costs, but Altitude caught my attention when I saw those tentacles in the sky and a Kraken like creature roaring in the clouds in the trailer. It's different, I'll give you that, and the twist end was one I didn't see coming. For those who are unsure about watching this re-think it, Altitude is a neat little thriller with surprisingly solid performances, characters that are worth following and a lot of suspense, it's probably the only straight to DVD release I own and probably the only one I've ever watched.
½ March 19, 2014
Not bad - keeps you guessing because the main plot device is bizarre. Pretty good acting and suspense.
½ January 8, 2014
This is not a B movie more like a Z movie. I've seen better commercials that lasted longer on terms of entertainment
November 25, 2013
I found it entertaining enough. It plays more like a disaster movie, as the plane wanders into a black cloud the passengers begin to turn on eachother. The twist ending was kind of cheesy though.
½ November 20, 2013
Altitude is a very dark and dim horror movie where once in the air things start going horrible wrong. The majority of the film is set within the confines of the small plane, claustrophobia sets in as events worsen, and the spectacular CGI monster looks fantastic, echoing the Pirates of The Caribbean "Kraken", with huge tentacles, a bulbus body and a tunnel sized mouth full of teeth, except this time it's in the sky. With so many twists and turns to keep you gripped, Altitude likes to throw the unexpected at you all the time which is fine but sometimes you need a break to catch up when the story seems to run around. With intense performances from a great young cast alongside a surprisingly smart story this sadly underrated movie needs to be seen.
November 13, 2013
This movie is good. but need a little fixed