Zeitgeist: Moving Forward - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward Reviews

September 20, 2017
The first two installments where riddled with sensationalizing and creating issues that were either irrelevant, or misrepresentating facts and misleading arguments. This film, however, gives you the bottom line. And does it without overstepping its bounds as the first two did. I am impressed...but, this is an evolutionary process that I'm not sure society can stop right into...one thing is for certain...I will be at the forefront of any little change.
½ April 11, 2016
This one was a mess! I guess the build-up and revelations of part 1 and 2 were designed to lead you into this crap. Strategy is gain trust first by reveling the truths and then inject your poison. The trick was to prove that there is no God and our "intelligence" and technological revolution is the savior. This movie proves that the Illuminati themselves are behind all three movies.
May 25, 2015
Even 4 years on, this documentary hasn't lost its topicality. It is by far the best of the trilogy as PJ has done even more homework in the meantime.

The first chapter about "human nature" is the most important document ever put on film and the very central message for this concept. One can only hope that even the staunchest proponents of the tired old incorrect myth of genetically predetermined behaviour in humans will one day understand the direct plausibility of epigenetics and neuroplasticity.

The message is loud and clear: "human nature" is as flexible as a rubber band and it means that we can be anything our environment allows us to be.
September 21, 2014
Far fetched at times, and rather long. But it stays true to the usual zeitgeist with the same narrator laying ideas out for us to follow and support. In this one, they did include some interesting potentials of how to perpetuate our civilisation. They were also backed by certain individuals and not always just ideas thrown out there. The genetics arguments and the ultimatums given were thought provoking.
½ June 26, 2014
This explores the reality that money is truly the route of evil and what will work is an economy based on resource appropriations
January 18, 2014
Nuestro mundo
La revolución es ahora!
½ December 1, 2013
A lot of what is said on the Zeitgeist movies is true and needs to be heard more widely. Some of it is speculative but relatively harmless. I think most people would greatly benefit by watching them--they increase our understanding of what's going on in the world and what direction we are heading. I'm especially impressed by the clear link they draw between the current word economic system and the ecological destruction of our planet.
November 6, 2013
A thought provoking documentary about the modern post-industrial world & it's dated socio-economic/political models, and how they have outlived their usefulness . . .
½ October 13, 2013
thought provoking. I liked it. better than the 2nd film in the series.
August 26, 2013
Shows hope for us as humans.
March 22, 2013
A feature length documentary work which presents a case for a needed transition out of the current socioeconomic monetary paradigm which governs the entire world society. This subject matter will transcend the issues of cultural relativism and traditional ideology and move to relate the core, empirical "life ground" attributes of human and social survival, extrapolating those immutable natural laws into a new sustainable social paradigm called a "Resource-Based Economy". Awesome!!!!!
½ February 28, 2013
Both Zeitgesit Addendum and Moving Forward explore topics relevant to every individual; money, government, health, the planets limited resources and how we live our lives. Throughout these 2 films "the system" is discussed at length, the negative aspects (which are many) exposed and possible alternatives suggested and explored. If nothing else, by the end of both or either documentary the viewer will understand that rather than "THE system" it is but "A" system and there are other healthier, leaner, smarter, cleaner, more resourceful and more ethical ways we can inhabit, survive and prosper on Earth as human beings.

Whether drastic or subtle, I think that anyone who watches either of these films will change the way they do something in their day to day life. That is a bold statement to make, but I think that these films are that powerful. You can see these films as dangerous Propaganda or our dirty laundry finally being aired in public; but that is down to the individual.

As films, I don't feel that either is polished or edited very well. There are many places where a leading thinker in his field will be speaking at length on a topic that could have been cut down - it is left in a kind of semi-lecture format. I can see viewers becoming bored or nodding off perhaps. Both films take a long time to get to the juicy content and appear rather amateurish at times.

Although, both of these films feel like "bargain basement" documentaries it is in the content where both excel. Rather than giving me "food for thought" these films have changed my life more than perhaps anything else I have ever watched (with the obvious exception of the News). Having impact of this level cannot be ignored. Out of the 2 films I would recommend Addendum over Moving Forward as I feel it covers more ground, is a little less boring and is better documentary all round.
February 8, 2013
Listen, people, I am a very scientifically-minded, rational person, and I urge everyone who has happened across this screen to watch Zeitgeist: Moving Forward.

Do not listen to naysayers who complain about the film's running time, academically complex subject matter, or budget deficiencies. Also, do not buy into to claims in regards to the films supposed promotion of communism, socialism, or any other commonly referenced social construct. The ideas behind Zeitgeist eschew such outdated systems, and those connections are non-existent when one critically, and objectively, considers the information being presented.

Please, watch the film for yourself, and do the research. I highly doubt you will find any objective source of information that will refute any claim the movie makes.
½ January 20, 2013
A documentary that everyone should watch!! Though for many it might be too difficult to understand or to want to understand...after all.. Ignorance is bliss. The run time is long, but I found it to be just right for the in depth look into the subject matter.
January 16, 2013
Will recommend it to all my friend and even my worst enemy.
December 18, 2012
Watch on Netflix. It's a 2hr 41 minute documentary about how to fix the planet.
December 18, 2012
Interesting no doubt, just fact check and question everything. Simple rule of life
August 8, 2012
Peter Josephs message of a world gripped by own economic practices is shouted loudly thru artistic symbolism and scientific testimony. After the first two films introduced the core concepts of it's now flourishing movement; The third film feels complete. and it packed with information and new ideas.
July 5, 2012
Very long damn movie, but alot of info learned
July 4, 2012
When you see this film, you can´t help feeling that you need to start make changes right now.
I think it´s a must-see for everyone, and to draw your own conclusions.