Without Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Without Men Reviews

½ October 1, 2015
This was not good. At all. It had so much potential, but in the end it fell flat. Really flat. It could have really showed what women are really like "without men" such as being self-sufficient,smart, strong, reliable, etc. Instead, they were lost, confused and so sexually frustrated they turned to lesbianism? It was awful! It was funny at points, but I was hardly amused because it was so demeaning. Not worth seeing.
½ December 28, 2013
probably what would happen if women took over. Couple funny moments. but pretty silly movie nothing special. cheese please
December 12, 2013
wow ummn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that eva longoria (from the tv series desperate housewives), christian slater, oscar nunez (from the brilliant tv series the .u.s. office), kate del castillo, judy reyes, paul rodriguez, monica huarte, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......i think that the director of this comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......i think that christian slater was good throughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really funny movie 2 watch.......i think that this is an enjoyable movie 2 watch for 2011 to watch its such a really funny movie 2 watch........i think that eva longoria was great throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie........i think that the priest in this movie was really funny throughout this movie.....i think that this is such an enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch its a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really funny movie 2 watch its so really well directed/written/acted movie 2 watch......its got good scenery throughout this movie........i think that this is a good comedy movie 2 watch for 2011 as its so funny movie 2 watch......i think that both christian slater/eva longoria were brilliant as the 2 lead roles throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really enjoyable movie 2 watch its so really funny movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.......i think that this is such an enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie its got a good cast throughout this movie its so enjoyable movie 2 watch its so funny movie 2 watch its a good comedy movie 2 watch for 2011 its so enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie its so entertaining movie 2 watch for 2011
July 28, 2013
AWFUL. No redeeming features whatsoever. Sexist. Painfully unfunny. Eva Longoria and Christian Slater must be absolutely desperate for cash to have agreed to act in this car crash of a film.
July 6, 2013
Review:
The director done a bad job putting this movie together because the storyline had the makings for a good movie. It's been made so you don't take it that seriously, although the there are some moments that make you think about how you would react if you was in that situation. The main problem isn't with the acting, which was played by some quite attractive women, but its the way that the some what, serious situation, was portrayed as an unfunny comedy. Disappointing!

Round-Up:
This is another one of those movies were they have put the main attraction, which in this case is supposed to be Christian Slater, all over the poster when he has nothing to really do with it. Maria Conchita Alonso who has starred in movies like the Running Man & Colors, has had way too much plastic surgery. It makes her look like a totally different and strange person. Eva Longoria looks great, as usual, but it made me feel a bit uncomfortable, watching her playing such a terrible role.

Budget: $4.7million (On What?)
Worldwide Gross: N/A

I recommend this movie to people who like there silly comedies about women living without men. 1/5
April 19, 2013
Pitched somewhere between an episode of I Love Lucy, a Pedro Almodovar film and an entry in the National Lampoon series, Without Men is one of the least funny, corniest and most inexplicable films ever.
August 8, 2012
No wonder parker divorced her. Insulting to Latinos.
July 13, 2012
Pointless and stupid with the production values of Menudo TV. I was a little entertained though and its hard not to keep watching with the silly, sexist dialogue.
April 15, 2012
One of the worst movies I have ever seen.
½ April 11, 2012
stupidest movie ever!!!
March 27, 2012
This is a horrible movie.
½ January 8, 2012
I truly do not understand the negativity towards this film at all, it dosen't deserve such a low rating. The premise of an entire town of women is carried out pretty well, I can see how some might be offended by the female characters not being able to read or wanting to do work, but if you can look past that, you'll see a charming, witty(funniest part for me was the women learning the joys of masturbation), lighthearted film with warm and likable characters, the relationship between Eva and Castillo is truly beautiful and heartwarming.

There's also some interesting social commentary and female customs, for example, the women decide to make up their own time of 28 suns instead of 30 days(to go along with a women's cycle), the male performers do an adequate job, though their shortsided(understandable given the premise)Oscar Nunez is a hoot as the impotent priest and Slater does well enough as the straight man, all in all this film was a very pleasant surprise and I would highly recommend it.
½ November 11, 2011
haha, what a crappy movie :P
October 23, 2011
The premise of this film could have provided an interesting comedy and sociological commentary, but what we get is a prejudiced and stereotyped propaganda piece vilifying men, God and the church and championing a naive form of feminism. A ridiulous ending pays lip-service to an attempt to seem neutral and tolerant, but the smug viewpoint of women being superior enought o tolerate men is made all too apparent. It's very preachy, and despite what may have been intended, the cast are boring 2-dimensional drones.
½ October 23, 2011
Una pelĂ­cula fresca, muy visual, con actuaciones entre naturales y postizas, no apta para moralistas... cine independiente que deja sus dudas pero que logra su cometido.
½ October 13, 2011
Surprisingly fun and refreshing.
October 9, 2011
What can i say about this flick it is a really bad F graded movie at first i thought it was going to be about female liberation etc started off like that but soon turned into a kinda Xena Warrior Princess over the top nonsense. I sat and watched this with my mum and she couldn't believe this crap that was past as a movie. Also Christian Slaters role was nothing he played a reporter but was hardly in the movie. Soo all in all dont bother with this one.
October 8, 2011
i cant believe we actually watched this!!
½ October 4, 2011
What a crock.Can't remember the last time I saw a movie this bad.Want my money back.
September 27, 2011
It appears that from the cover you would think that Christian Slater was actually important to the story. And infact he's in only a few minutes of the movie. Oscar Nunez is a lot like his character in The Proposal, where he has no idea what is going on and is somewhat sex crazed. Eva Longoria and Christian Slater's characters are also not romantic interests. The cover art is very misleading. I guess if you like seeing women parading around in their underwear and making out it was an okay movie. But it really didn't have a lot of plot to go along with that...or at least for something that wants to be feminist, it made them really stupid!