The Caller - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Caller Reviews

September 18, 2016
Great movie scary and haunting with a good story.
June 15, 2016
Matthew Parkhill shows us once again that he is one of the worst directors in the history of Cinema with this ridiculous atrocity that doesn't make any sense when you stop to think about it for two seconds and is equally full of clichés and devoid of actual thrills.
½ May 18, 2016
loved the plotting twists.
½ December 19, 2015
I didn't enjoy one bit of this movie, I gave it a star and a half but one star is almost the worst movies and this got half because of her gorgeous hair and cute ass. The movie was a lame adaptation of urban horror legends.
Robert B.
October 8, 2015
The Caller is film I wanted to rate higher since I liked the premise, the setting, and found the female lead to play a sympathetic character. I did not have any problem following the plot points, and was going to rate the film up, but it unraveled as it approached the end. The ending was disappointing and what I would consider a deus ex machina. But all-in-all, The Caller was a decent film (and more thriller than horror).
½ September 10, 2015
Not as good as people are saying. Good just enough material there, at least with the way the movie it's done, for a full length feature I sort of lost interest halfway through a lot of teasing the viewer, but there's enough of a payoff to stick out. So for this being an okay suspense movie , but haded a chance to be better, I give " The Caller " a C-.
June 11, 2015
It has twists, unfortunately they're almost all substantially weak.
May 19, 2015
Some loopholes in the play of time but the ominous ambiance throughout the film made up for it.
May 3, 2015
The best thing about The Caller is that it holds your interest in its plot, even if it can be boring at times.
½ February 27, 2015
Not bad, but they really should've thought out the "time-travel" part of the story a little bit more.
February 3, 2015
A movie that tries to be too much! A frustrating but interesting moviem that doesn't leave you with answer. You are left thinking 'what on earth was happening! '
February 1, 2015
it had the potential to be a really good movie but the execution was terrible and the ending was pretty lame. Definitely a horror movie worth skipping, dissapointing movie.
½ January 31, 2015
A pretty decent time travel horror film. 7/10
½ December 20, 2014
Whatever the critics said, Matthew Parkhill is definitely one of the director to watch, loved "Dot The I" also.
December 13, 2014
an ok movie kind of creepy and weird
November 1, 2014
It was creepy and OK at best. The whole premise was a bit ridiculous but still fun for a Halloween night of viewing. Rachelle Lefevre (Under the Dome) was good in the lead role.

Bottom line: Forgettable, predictable yet somehow good enough for a Halloween night. But that's it
½ October 24, 2014
It's a great spooky movie. .... you got to see it.
½ October 22, 2014
The film suffers from gaping plot holes, forced acting, and so much poor ADR that even the moments that work feel stifled and less than what they could be.
October 19, 2014
It had a lot of potential tied down by laughable mistakes.
August 12, 2014
Love this movie! SOO different and the ending gives u Chills!
By far the best low budget film ever!!!