Doughboy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doughboy Reviews

½ September 24, 2013
As a Vietnam Combat Vet', I can't say enough about how GREAT this movie is! I don't buy many movies but I bought THIS one on DVD. "Doughboy" is now called "The Pledge". Barrett Carnahan did a fantastic job in this movie. He is very believable and early on in the movie you might find yourself saying, "If this were my kid I'd smack him upside the head just to get his attention!" The person he morphs into, however, would make ANY parent proud and that is understatement, if anything. "Doughboy/The Pledge" brought out the whole range of emotions from me. I laughed and I cried. It brought back memories from my Vietnam days while paying tribute to EVERY Vet' from all wars. There are a few surprises in the movie which I won't give away but trust me; they're good; very good! This movie teaches a timeless lesson about the cost of Freedom and it does it with actual Veterans from WWII through The War on Terror. This is a family movie that reminds viewers of all the good that is America and the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines who fought, suffered, bled and died for the United States and the Flag. This is a patriotic film with honest to God Patriots in it made by Patriots. With all the senseless trash "hollyweird" puts out, do yourself and your family a favor: See "The Pledge" (aka: "Doughboy"). You will NOT regret it and you will come away with a renewed sense of Hope for America and a young actor/director named Barrett Carnahan.
July 18, 2012
Great movie. Made me laugh, made me cry. Great story.
July 18, 2012
Very good movie, also very touching and emotional. Tory Hedderman and his family are moving to West Virginia from New York, but Tory isn't so happy about it. He hates the small town and how he thinks there is nothing to do. However, he is framed for throwing an egg at a doughboy statue and is sentenced to do community service at a veterans home. There, he meets veteran Joe, who does anything to make Tory screw up somehow. He also meets Jill Courtney, a girl that he soon becomes close friends with, and he also meets veteran Mitch, who is in a wheelchair ever since his Jeep got stuck in a landmine. It seems like Tory doesn't know the true meaning of liberty and how to be proud of our country, but will his attitude change?
Oh my gosh, this movie was so good. It is very touching, with a lot of cries in the movie. It teaches us to be proud of the people who fought for us and the horrible day of September 11, 2001. I definetely suggest you see this movie, great for the whole family and vets.
July 18, 2012
Enjoyed this uplifting movie. We need more movies like this!
May 15, 2012
awesome movie and my dad is in it to boot
November 28, 2011
Excellent Family Movie! Look forward to early 2012 release!
September 16, 2011
Great movie! Great movie for patriots and veterans! Full of laughs and cries! One of my favorite movies!