The Entitled - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Entitled Reviews

December 18, 2015
What an absolute joke. Poor kids abduct rich kids for money. Ray Liota's awful performance killed all potential, even the potential of this being a somewhat acceptable B movie. Skip it.
May 12, 2015
It's a fairly familiar looking mystery with a kidnapping as the plot for extortion. What it does well though is keeps you guessing as to what the inevitable twist will be and who the red herrings are.
April 13, 2015
Drab suspense thriller where 3 socialites are kidnapped in an attempt to make money from their super rich fathers
½ March 25, 2014
Pretty uneventful movie which offers nothing you haven't seen before. Dumb teenagers get involved in a kidnap. Sounds stupid that's because it is.
½ January 12, 2014
"The Entitled" is one of the best crime films with manipulation as the main theme. The ending contains so many twists that nobody could have predicted in the beginning.
December 9, 2013
I just quit following by the dull & formulaic first 2/3, before the endless twists & turns at the end take you to nowhere.
July 5, 2013
Rich kids, poor kids, their parents, and all their attitudes locked in a house--Decent thriller that gets a bit better as it goes along!!
December 27, 2012
had een super plotwending verwacht, maar helaas, het was echt die saaie film zonder diepgang...
November 4, 2012
I'll watch anything Kevin Zegers is in... which isn't good, since he has a tendency to make pretty crappy movies. This one isn't an exception. There are two or three scenes that are mildly interesting, and beyond that... nothing. I actually walked away for about half an hour in the middle of the movie and came back feeling like I hadn't missed anything.
½ October 10, 2012
pretty well done twists
½ October 9, 2012
Quite a good film but it gets that extra half star because of the twist
½ September 12, 2012
I actually liked that it has a good ending. It's pretty straight-forward and I wasn't paying 100% attention to it when I was watching, but I found myself rooting for the main character and am happy with how things turned out. Sub some stars for poor acting and a bad effects.
August 26, 2012
Watched this today and it turned out a good movie #Netflix
August 22, 2012
Decent little thriller that kept my attention with a good story. The character development could have been better and the movie started slow. An OK rental.
August 5, 2012
twisted ending.... very suspensful
August 5, 2012
This was a pretty good movie. While the events of the story were predictable, there was still enough room to leave you guessing at what would happen by the end. It was directed well but it could have been done better in certain parts. For the most part, the acting was done well. If you find this on Showtime or another movie channel, you should give it a chance. Definitely worth it to watch.
½ July 29, 2012
Entitled takes your basic movie kidnapping ransom plot and freshens it up through good acting, plot twists and accessibility.

Excellent casting. Each actor felt natural in their part and with some restraint to avoid overacting they gel nicely. The first character death is almost welcome due to the annoyance of his behavior.

Here's the best part of the movie: As the plot moves along and the viewer watches with anticipation of the stereotypical progression, we are happily dealt nice little twists. No twist is over the top or pushing the limits of belief. A subtle film noir feel is mixed with an everyman identification.

I'd like to see another movie like this one...
½ July 24, 2012
Plot twists and turns in a ransom gone awry...interesting nonetheless!
July 20, 2012
Not so good. Thin character development made most of this story pretty hard to take with any seriousness. And, as such, there was no suspense to be found here. A kidnap for ransom movie with youth/outsider angst. They could have taken all the scenes not involving the fathers out of the movie and just made it a stage play.
½ July 13, 2012
a slick and well paced pic about a kidnapping gone bad