Superheroes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superheroes Reviews

May 14, 2012
A well made documentary about real-life superheroes.
½ April 6, 2012
While I commend the people in this for their humanitarianism and Good Samaritanism, "Superheroes" is a real life "Kick-Ass" except it goes to show that these people are either on the borderline of sanity and madness or people whom care too much about their communities and world but are stuck in their comic books and childhoods.
½ March 29, 2012
Okay documentary about real-life costumed superheroes who patrol cities around the US. My main problem with the film was that it couldn't seem to decide if it wanted to mock, pity or admire these mostly awkward heroes. Maybe that was the intent of the filmmakers, but it made the film seem scattered and lacking a focus. Could have been a whole lot better.
March 24, 2012
Hilarious. Right around 50 min. is my favorite. Mr. Xtreme sitting next to his mom and she's talking shit about him. And he's just sitting there with his stupid costume and crazy goggles. Master Legend was equally entertaining but not in such a pathetic way.
½ March 17, 2012
I had no idea there were so many "real" superheroes in the world. Some of these people seemed ridiculous and crazy while others were truly inspirational. It was a great film and I'm glad they showed both types of people.
March 10, 2012
There's a lot more to this doc than meets the eye. It's simultaneously about the apathy of modern life, the bond of team and common purpose, civic duty, redemption, and living on the margins of society. What starts out as kind of a lark, actually ends up with some serious thing to say.
February 10, 2012
"This is the Iron Fist. The Iron Fist is capable of destroying..........many..........things."
January 19, 2012
It's a smart and entertaining documentary. The layout you present it is nice to put it as a comic, but at times feels a little loose. Although in some cases not very pleased to see young people who are somewhat "immature" and no more do that to imitate, though some were good.
January 16, 2012
This is hilarious! Everyone should watch this movie...what weirdos!
January 16, 2012
Despite the openoing making this look like a bit of a satire, the later portions of the films show the caring nature these men and women in costume form really have.
January 9, 2012
Just finished watching the HBO documentary "Superheroes" and it consists of some very genuine, as well as some genuinely crazy people (though you can say the same thing about fictional comic book superheroes too) who dress up and try to help around their community. There are some compelling and downright hilarious moments but overall these are real people who are doing some good with what little they have and are promoting a good message overall I think. I recommend watching it.
½ January 3, 2012
/B-/ It's interesting that these people exist. The documentary is a little formless though.
December 30, 2011
Good documentary following these costumed regular people trying to do some good. All of us should strive to help someone every day, just a nice reminder. Check it out if you can.
December 22, 2011
You think you're gonna laugh at these guys until you realize, to some people, they are real life superheroes.
December 14, 2011
Interesting, bit too much schmaltz, but yeah this is good, don't expect too much. where the fuck was Phoenix Jones?
½ November 29, 2011
I went into this expecting something completely different from what I got out of it. I was expecting a similar tone to a recent UK short docu, with a mocking tone showing the people who feel the need to dress up in costume and become real-life superheroes. While it initially feels similar, Superheroes rapidly becomes something altogether more poignant and uplifting. What you get is a study of people who - for whatever reason - genuinely care about people and want to do some good. While they may not be swinging from the rooftops and blessed with superpowers, they do real good. Watch them hand out food and water to homeless people and think twice about ever mocking someone because of the way they look or dress.
November 27, 2011
A little depressing, but a good message.
November 18, 2011
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it"

I enjoyed this movie as a super hero fan and some one who strongly dose not trust the corrupted cop force. It was nice to see people (some do seem crazy) trying to make a difference in this messed up world....a must see

BUY
½ November 16, 2011
Goofy yet Edgy. It takes individuals with some super-sensibilities to suit up like a trick-or-treater and patrol. I hung on every minute of this film.