Inseparable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inseparable Reviews

½ February 3, 2015
The Only Thing That Makes This Sail Is Kevin Spacey. It Gets Slightly Better As The Story Develops But It Doesn't Quite Take Off As It Can't Decide If'll Be A Comedy Or Sappy-Soapue Melo-Drama.
December 1, 2014
I liked it up until the last 20 minutes, where they kept adding twists for the sake of adding twists. It was enjoyable for the most part though.
½ October 5, 2013
I was quite surprised to see Keven Spacey in this film. He even tries to speak the language which is pretty funny. Daniel Wu is a good actor.
September 7, 2013
Should be called unbearable!
August 27, 2013
This was a surprise find for me. My motivation was Kevin Spacey. The film is fresh, intriguing. The casting, directing and acting are beyond satisfying. This film went from being a surprise find to a surprise treasure. And reading subtitles in English was fun because of the pace of the movie and given I don't know Cantonese. I recommend this film to anyone because it has something for everyone.
August 25, 2013
Review:
I really didn't enjoy this movie because I found it quite boring and uninteresting. I worked out the whole plot from the beginning, without knowing the storyline, so I just tried to concentrate on the annoying subtitles which spoiled the movie for me. I liked Kevin Spacey's character but he wasn't that involves in the whole movie. It was more about Li who whose losing the plot. I got tricked by the poster because I thought that it was going to be like Kick Ass, but it ended up being a drama which moved at a slow pace and was quite disappointing.

Round-Up:
Kevin Spacey seems to be doing any and everything nowadays. He will never hit the form that he did in movies like Seven or Usual Suspects because they just don't make movies like them anymore, which is a shame. He will always be well respected in Hollywood, but I find his mannerisms and gestures repetitive. All of the other actors couldn't have done that much more with there roles and I haven't seen them in anything else to compare there performance to.

I recommend this movie to people who like there dramas about how people deal with stress. 2/10
½ July 13, 2013
An interesting movie about a man run down. Spacey is funny and likable while Wu is not awful but not great. Just like the movie.
June 24, 2013
Wu and Spacey make a great team. A good mix of genres. Stormare is the perfect villain.
March 9, 2013
Excellent film, made in Japan for both Japanese and American audiences. Uses subtitles. The story is intriguing and flows well. It's a psychological drama with a happy ending, well scripted, well acted. Kevin Spacey does a fairly good job in this and the storyline remains interesting throughout. Watch the whole movie, the end will be worth it!
½ November 20, 2012
Spild af tid, men sjovt at gense Guangzhou
½ October 5, 2012
A weird movie. Its differnet with some nice performances but not the super hero pardy movie I was hoping for. Just a movie about one guys illness and wife. Boring in many spots.
½ September 26, 2012
Funny and entertaining film. Don't expect Avengers, but something with a deeper (real) story. Kevin Spacey was great as always. I was pleasantly surprised.
September 22, 2012
really nice intriguing flick :)
½ September 16, 2012
The music and direction seemed like that of a Bollywood film. It was an okay film
September 9, 2012
A very wise approach by the director and makers until the very end in unfolding the surprising truth to the watchers about the leads and the story of the movie. Some were predictable already but I was still caught in surprise by the revelation of the movie. Some parts tends to be boring but there are parts injected with comic moments that gives life to this dialogue laden film. Strong casts and lead performances of Kevin Spacey and Daniel Wu along with beautiful Beibi Gong. This movie also let us check into ourselves if we still have a grip about reality and truth after traumatic experiences as this can lead to bad mental health. This is overall a satisfying comedy and psychological movie.
August 12, 2012
Pretty good. A Chinese man is going through a lot of stress because of an accident and because of his job. He breaks and goes a little crazy and eventually becomes a superhero.... It's pretty funny and very sad at times. A pretty good story.

It's full of twists. I caught a few, but a few totally caught me off guard, which I think bumps this up a bit.
½ August 11, 2012
This Chinese-Mandarin film takes a look at mental illness manifested by personal tragedy. Although films in Hollywood have tackled this theme more skilfully, Kevin Spacey injects some funny moments into this low-budget feature. There are a number of borrowed themes here, from Falling Down (1993), to a Beautiful Mind (2001), to Kick-Ass (2010). Worth renting due to the relatively short run-time.
½ August 7, 2012
I think most people will not like it. It's twisted, occasionally confusing and the ending is only a half resolution. Over all I solidly liked it and the subtle twists earned it another half star. But nothing any one should go out of their way to see
½ July 30, 2012
Very interesting, and entertaining, movie that deals with one man's coming to terms with issues after some tragedy in his life, as well as facing the problems he has with his wife and pressures at work. Never seen a Chinese film such as this -- obviously, never seen Kevin Spacey (who is great in this) in a Chinese film either. All the actors do a great job in this film that deals with issues in China and elsewhere. Some elements might seem "been there done that" with American films that have big twists, but overall it was a great to see a director that didn't treat the audience like idiots.
½ June 12, 2012
Kevin Spacey's participation has helped uplifting the film quite a bit. With so much potential, its sometimes funny, sometimes melodramatic, sometimes humanism however makes this film looks as schizophrenic as Daniel Wu's character is (not mentioning Wu's lousy acting & mandarin).