Space Warriors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Space Warriors Reviews

January 17, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
January 16, 2015
This film gave me diabetes...
½ December 14, 2014
a fairly fun kids movie :)
September 8, 2014
It was like space camp remake. I found it to be a cute movie.
July 20, 2014
Space Warriors è un film per ragazzini. non è un granché, ma ha una caratteristica assolutamente straordinaria: una delle ragazze è nel team non per essere l'interesse sentimentale di qualcuno, ma perché si intende di robotica. Lo so, sembra incredibile. Se il film fosse un po' meno scontato, sarebbe un film da tenere a mente. Così è un'occasione sprecata. (2/5)
July 3, 2014
This is what 1986's Space Camp should have been. Heck, this is better than Space Camp. It's Space Camp for a new generation. It's out of this world!
½ June 4, 2014
This NASA commercial is like a bad idea that one should have dropped right when it came to mind.
SC007
½ September 7, 2013
The film felt like a weak remake of Space Camp. Some scenes even reminded me of Space Camp. One difference between this film and that film, is that in Space Camp the students were in their teens. Here they are more 12-13 age wise. This film needed a rewrite. Thomas Horn was great in Extremely Loud and Incredibly close. However, here Horn feels out of place. Of all the adult characters, Josh Lucas shines as the kids instructor. The ticket in the film, reminded me of the Golden ticket from Willy Wonka. Also some scenes reminded me of scenes from movies like Major Payne, Revenge of the Nerds, and Percy Jackson. I would say, skip this film, check out Space Camp instead.
September 6, 2013
I am going to pass on this.
September 2, 2013
Fun for kids, but will never be used by NASA as training material.
August 23, 2013
Not as bad as I was expecting.
½ August 5, 2013
When making kids' movies, filmmakers should always try and remember kids aren't stupid.
August 2, 2013
An excellent family movie about believing in yourself and following your dreams.
July 31, 2013
A great one to mock at for high school kids who believe they are more realistic than they, characters in the movie are for new space exploration missions only when the Earth is faithfully taken care of..
½ July 25, 2013
A mildly entertaining wannabe Space Camp. Felt like a Disney Channel made for TV movie
June 29, 2013
More a kids film then a family film
½ June 25, 2013
This 'movie' (I use that term very very loosely) has to be the worst 'movie' of the year, the acting was horrible, the soundtrack was horrible, why was this even released?
½ June 23, 2013
worst acting imaginable, but at least the plot was totally unbelievable, waste of digital print
June 14, 2013
It's a feel-good film with appeal to elementary-aged kids, but it was really cheesy and unintentionally silly. Disclaimer: I might be a bit biased as a Huntsville resident who is very familiar with the Space and Rocket Center and Marshall Space Flight Center and who has two kids who have gone through Space Camp and Aviation Challenge here. It's a nice ad for Space Camp, but they lost me with the unsupervised young teenagers (boys and girls) wandering about at night under the stars and sabotaging each other's work with no repercussions. My 16-year-old daughter watched it with me and said "wow, that was awful" at the end. At least we had fun picking it apart.
½ May 31, 2013
Space geeks will envy the rip-roaring adventures in the movie, "Space Warriors." I was pleasantly surprised to see that the plot was simpler than I imagined. Before I watched the movie, the title made me cringe, suggesting that it was about teenagers battling aliens in a cheesy rampage through outer space. Clearly, I was wrong to judge a movie by its poster. "Space Warriors" is a fun and unexpectedly down-to-earth film for all ages.
Jimmy Hawkins (Thomas Horn, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"), the son of a retired NASA astronaut, is a complete astronomy geek. His dream is to go to space, and the opportunity arises in the form of Space Camp, where teams can compete for the chance to go to space. His parents, played by Dermot Mulroney and Mira Sorvino, forbid him to join Space Camp fearing for his safety, but Jimmy joins anyway. At Space Camp he meets the brightest, nerdiest group of astronomy-lovers, called Space Warriors. They have to learn to work together as a team not only to win the competition, but to save the lives of three astronauts along the way as well.
Colonel Manley (Josh Lucas), one of the commanders at Space Camp, is one of my favorite characters - he's witty and smart with just a touch of dry humor and sarcasm. Sean McNamara ("Soul Surfer") is the director of "Space Warriors." Along the same lines of "Soul Surfer," this movie has many great themes that include teamwork, leadership, overcoming fear, thinking outside the box, making wise choices and most importantly, it shines a positive light on youth. The Space Warriors don't let anyone look down on them because of their age - they prove to the entire world that age doesn't matter as long as you have passion, a love of discovering, and an open mind.
The movie incorporates footage from history in outer space and was shot on-location at the Space Camp in Alabama. For science-lovers, this movie is the ultimate "Easter egg" hunt, where geeks will want to shout and announce to other viewers, "That's the actual footage of landing on the moon!" or "I've been on a moon-gravity stimulator just like that!" I found myself thinking that if I could go to a Space Camp that looks even half as fun as the one in the movie, it'd be the best summer of my life.
I recommend this movie for all ages, especially for aspiring scientists. I give it four out of five stars. "Space Warriors" will inspire viewers to look up and rekindle an excitement for learning about the unknown universe of space. Learn more about a world outside our own that we've barely begun to discover and catch "Space Warriors" on the Hallmark Channel, airing May 31!