Seven Days to Live - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven Days to Live Reviews

January 16, 2012
I've seen a lot worse than this. This movie actually has some really intense moments. The actors seemed to be comfortable in their roles but the movie was still a bit predictable. Something to watch when you have a spare moment and nothing else to do.
September 24, 2011
An interesting, suspensful flick. Very slow-paced at times, though.
July 25, 2011
Another copycat of Amitville...
½ May 8, 2011
It won't win anything in the creativity department, but "Seven Days to Live" is a genuinely decent thriller that has ending mixed results.

Stop me if you've heard this one before: a couple moves to a secluded house in the country to cope with a recent tragedy and discovers their new home may be haunted. Yep, this has been done over and over again. I wish I could write that there's some twist; something that grabs you and makes this film different from the countless haunted house tales we've seen slapped on the silver screen, but sadly there isn't anything new or original here. Hell, even the special effects are pretty rough.

I do want to point out though, that the "tragedy" involves this couple's son dying from accidentally eating a bee. Yes, that's a new one on me. He dies instantly, and honestly I'm assuming the child was allergic, cause I just don't think that would kill you within thirty-seconds. Although I'm no expert on bee deaths.

I will say that the one thing I felt was clever here was how the main character's wife was constantly reminded each day that she only had so many days left to live. Each day it was brought to her attention in a new and more exciting then the last way. That part of the film I really enjoyed.

However, this review is just nothing more then the end result of cleaning up some movies off my netflix queue that have been lingering on there for the last several months, and out of the pure boredom I had this afternoon. Not a bad film in anyway, but just don't expect anything too original about it.
½ February 14, 2011
Meh. Derivative & badly acted.
February 3, 2011
I turned this on to have some background noise while I cleaned. Sadly, it's so bad that I couldn't even stand it in that right. I let it play for 20 minutes, was thoroughly irritated, and shut it off. There's absolutely nothing to like about this movie, and it's really poorly produced so you can't even give it points for trying.
January 11, 2011
Its not the best horror flick, but it is entertaining. The wife begins to get messages predicting her demise. This is the most fascinating part of the movie. She's getting the messages and starts to question her own sanity; in reality her husband is the one losing it. The recent loss of their son also plays a part in their downward spiral. It's an interesting movie that's pretty suspenseful in parts.
½ January 2, 2011
The Shining meets Amityville Horror. The movie was not a complete waste of time but there was nothing original.
March 19, 2010
pretty good movie with something not seen.
½ December 3, 2009
This movie was somewhat creepy. The cast was ok and the story would of been great, but the movie didn't show the story in a whole. It was full of missing pieces and even by the end you still can't really figure out what was going on. The end did seem creepy though and if they would of showed it a bit more, it might of been a bit scarier.
½ June 17, 2009
Read the transcripts...yep I am really into those...they give a different take on the movie...and sometimes envisioning is better than seeing.
Anyhoo, it has the same set up as all the other gazillion movies made about houses, snd stupid people who move in and try to stay somewhere they arent wanted. enough said
½ May 4, 2009
I dont really rember this one. So that means it wasnt any good. All what i remember is some street signs telling her how many days left to live and crappy Visual Fx:)...

I dont think i can recomment u guys this one.
½ January 28, 2009
the idea of it is great !
and the act is very gd too!
½ December 6, 2008
first off if ur kid is choking on his or her cereal you dont preform a tracheotomy or preform the Heimlich maneuver! over all a great movie with a great premise i definately recomend it
½ October 30, 2008
I love horror movies, but it is the usual pyscho husband in a haunted house. I think I seen better versions of it.
½ October 30, 2008
An ok suspense-thriller!
October 8, 2008
I was shocked. I thought it would be stupid but it wasn't
September 29, 2008
Pretty much The Shining and Poltergeist put together...with an unbearably terrible ending. The stars are strictly for Sean Pertwee's performance. It was better than this movie deserved.
½ September 28, 2008
Well there is worse out there in the realm of B horror...Tired cliches, typical scenes at the end. The audience knows how this is going to play out.