7th Street Reviews

• Aug 30, 2008

sigh. this had some pedestrian moments, but seeing my old neighborhood and the weirdos from the street, and ultimately seeing their end, was almost too much to take. really nice little doc! dig the confused woman at the end watching them run through the hydrant's spray!! that sums up the gentrification...

• Apr 20, 2008

This movie is a narcissistic gaze into Josh Pais' navel - if you want to learn about gentrification in NYC, this is probably the worst medium through which to do so around.

• Mar 18, 2007

This is such an honest and personal document about the director's life history, growing up in New York, that I really felt like I got to know the people that he interviewed.

• Dec 09, 2006

Pretty bad, pretty terrible, pretty horrible. Do I need to say anymore then that?