80 egunean (For 80 Days) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

80 egunean (For 80 Days) Reviews

½ November 22, 2012
I and the friend I watched this film describe this as the Spanish "Brokeback Mountain" - ladies edition. Subtle in its premise yet strong in its story delivery, this LGBT-themed film is one for the elders, the unusual set of audience for such a story.
February 22, 2012
Two women who were best friends when teenagers meet again by chance. One of them is married, a traditional housewife. The other is a free-spirit lesbian music teacher. Till there, what we have is the typical plot seen to exhaustion. However, "For 80 Days" tells the story of two elderly women who meet after 50 years apart and it does with such a tenderness that every generalization about men being heartless falls through. I explain myself: " For 80 Days" was written and directed by the Basque directors Jon Garaño and José Mari Goenaga that succeeded in bringing up the complex subjects of homosexuality and ageing in a warm and accessible narrative.

It's also a story about second chances and the weight of social and self-imposed conventions and beliefs; the weight of life, after all.

*Also check out: "Edie & Thea: A Very Long Engagement", by Susan Muska and Gréta Olafsdóttir.
February 15, 2012
A perfect movie about a love shown asleep with enough delicacy. I enjoyed.
March 4, 2011
Les retrouvailles de deux septuagenaires amies d'enfance qui tombent amoureuses l'une de l'autre (l'une seulement est lesbienne, l'autre est mariee). Delicat et bien raconte mais j'ai eu simplement du mal a y croire du fait de la grande difference de condition entre les deux personnages : une paysanne renfrognee et une citadine cultivee paraissant la cinquantaine bien dans sa vie. (13/11/10)