8 Heads in a Duffel Bag - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

8 Heads in a Duffel Bag Reviews

½ March 16, 2016
I personally find Pesci hilarious!
August 3, 2015
So far I like it (July 2015) UPN
May 3, 2015
I wish I could say this was a fun dark comedy,it's not but I wish I could say it.
December 7, 2014
Some genuinely hilarious moments of black humour and the presence of the legendary Joe Pesci make this quirky comedy watchable, would recommend to those who appreciate or like dark humour.
October 27, 2014
Totally Hilarious!! Must-watch!
August 20, 2014
8 Heads in a Duffel Bag is one of those movies that is so awful you wonder how it ever got made. The script is so bad that no character can ever say the right thing at the right time, and no character can ever explain themselves correctly. The screenplay is laughable, and the whole movie seems like a 10 minute SNL skit that ran 90 minutes too long. Don't be fooled by Joe Pesci as the main billing; he's not the most important part of the movie.
August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ July 17, 2014
Who would have predicted that misplaced severed heads would make a terrible set-up for a comedy? Yours truly
½ April 19, 2014
Extremely unfunny. Couldn't even make it past the 30 minute mark.
March 23, 2014
This movie was hysterical! So funny! I can't believe it got such poor reviews. Classic Joe Pesci with so many funny moments.
March 17, 2014
Very good & funny movie, I don't know why people don't like it.
February 24, 2014
I can see one maybe two heads in a duffel bag.... but eight? That's way over-done just to get a point across that the Joe Pesci character is someone you don't cross. Then to turn it into a comedy? Please!!! Besides, this worn-out plot has been done too many times for it to even present any legitimacy as a worthy storyline. How the screen writer ever won an Academy Award for this script is beyond me. Guess that says something about their heads.
January 15, 2014
A hitman is travelling with heads of his targets when his bag gets confused with another man's He tries to find him and deliver his heads so he can get paid. The guy finds the heads and freaks out and hijinks ensue. I felt this film was a terribly missed opportunity. A very unique idea, but that's all it is, an idea that wasn't really that flushed out. Things just happen because the script says so without any flow and the jokes for the most part are few and far between. It doesn't have any cool crime moments to offset the lack of comedy. This could have been good, has a pretty solid cast, but it is a terrible let down instead.
½ December 25, 2013
From the writer of "Dead Poets Society" comes "8 Heads in a Duffel Bag". This film desperately wants to be a hilarious screwball comedy, but rarely achieves what it's attempting, even with a game cast. The great Joe Pesci is as a mobster trying to recover the title bag that gets switched at the airport with an annoying an unfunny frat boy. The underused Kristy Swanson is his girlfriend and George Hamilton and Dyan Cannon play Swanson's parents. Where the film really goes wrong is that it spent WAY too much time away from Pesci and too much time with the annoying characters who unknowingly have the bag of heads. If you want a mob comedy, stick with "My Blue Heaven" or the underrated "Oscar".
December 10, 2013
Here we have only a terrific actor and a creative idea executed poorly. The potential an idea such as this has to be a better dark comedy or perhaps a crime thriller makes you wish for something better. A Creation like this could have used a rewrite, and today is open for reboot, something funnier as long as we still see Pesci, he is funny any time he is on screen and steals the show throughout the film. Had the plot centered around him rather than Comeau, this piece may have been much better. However this isn't the case and the distasteful slapstick isn't worth he time, I would not recommend it, unless of course you are a huge fan of Pesci, such as myself.
½ August 1, 2013
I've seen worse. Laughed a couple of times.
May 20, 2013
Formula drawing room comedy that has everybody reacting to a thing, whatever the thing happens to be in whatever story (Guess what the thing is in this movie? Go on, try it, you might get lucky), only this comedy adds Pesci as his trademark mob hitman. It gets old faster than it should've as Pesci's role is underwritten, but then so is the entire effort.
April 10, 2013
The most appropriately titled comedy ever... you get exactly what it says. Here we have a fun, yet average, comedy full of dark humor and slapstick chaos. Very little of this film will remain with you for long, but it is a pretty enjoyable viewing experience... just not, ultimately, that memorable.