8 Seconds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

8 Seconds Reviews

deano
½ April 14, 2007
Luke Perry is great in his bull riding stunt scenes that makes him look real for his real-life Lane Frost role.
½ December 28, 2006
Good but a bit of a downer.
½ February 20, 2008
forgettable movie
iLeo
December 9, 2007
A great film about the legendary bull rider "Lane Frost."
Love it still.
½ June 28, 2012
I am not sure how real this story may be, but I know that after his injuries it was insane to keep competing. It isn't a great story and it won't age well but it is entertaining enough.
October 11, 2011
This is bar none, the best Cowboy movie I have ever seen. It has a wonderful cast that do terrific at giving you a great glimpse into the real life story of a rodeo champion from his very early humble beginnings to him reaching all the goals he aspired to be.

If you like a good story without all the mess that a lot, these days fill with a gratuitous amount of violence and destruction, this is the movie for you.

He is sorely lost still today.

Another of my top 5 to pull out and watch on a day I feel like being inspired.
July 24, 2011
As many biopics that get made every year there are relatively few that capture the time and place as well as 8S did. You'd think there would be more but there just aren't that many directors who pay as much attention to detail as Avidsen did at the helm. As far as casting goes I can understand Luke Perry, as the 90210 popularity was still very high in 1994. Aside from that he's a decent and underrated actor. Not everyone can step into the shoes of real people and perform credibly. He had a good supporting cast and director.
½ March 18, 2011
if you know the story ..its a fair depiction of late 80's bull riding..the tragedy..the ups and downs, highs and lows of good ol boys rodeoing back before the money that is there today..even the best were barely making it ..did it for the love of it..not the money and fame...worth the watch..but first watch bull riding today either on television or in person....compare and understand....
January 6, 2010
R.I.P. Lane Frost. Never forgotten. This movie brings back some SERIOUS memories of good ol days I miss
October 7, 2008
My second favoriye ! Lane Frost is my all time favorite cowboy. ( R.I.P. Lane ). If your up for rodeo flicks and romance check this out. It will bring tears to your eyes...
April 6, 2009
A great movie. The story of Frost and how he lived sends a message out to anyone who has ever known fame. Among the best of its kind.
April 5, 2009
it was an ok movie some funny parts but to see a guy get his nuts mashed by a bull not cool at all OUCHY
March 6, 2009
Great movie! I love to watch the intensity of the pressure to stay on the biggest strongest animal known as the bull... To stay on the raging bull for 8 seconds takes the longest to conquer in a lifetime... To watch them do that takes alot of guts... More power to the bull riders....
September 7, 2008
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!! but you guys need to know that the name of Lane's wife is spelled Kellie not Kelly.
July 25, 2008
I love this movie!!!
Luke Perry and Cynthia Geary make a great team in this tear jerkn' story about a Man Who Was Born to Ride!!!Based on the True Story of LANE FROST:BullRidn Champoin!!
July 6, 2008
LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 7, 2008
Oh so good. Very sad another based on a true story, actually the life of a real bull rider, and the fact that Luke Perry was casted made it all better he is a good actor and he made you beleive he was the part. Get your tissues out for this one.
March 21, 2008
It's not as much about bull riding as it was about the struggles and the accomplishments of Lane. Wonderful casting.
October 12, 2007
this movie is good! when we first turned it on, i was like "eww i hate cowboy movies" but i got soooo wrapped up in this one, and it actually made me cry which is extremly unusual!! so you know its good if it made me of all people cry. its got some bad language, but its a good movie