8 Seconds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

8 Seconds Reviews

½ October 25, 2016
8 seconds
Luke Perry stars in this biography of the late Lane Frost a champion bull rider who in 1987 won a rodeo world championship at the tender age of 21. In Eight Seconds the title refers to the minimum amount of time a rider must stay on a bull in competition Lane Frost is a young man from Oklahoma who learns to ride hoping to win the approval of his emotionally distant father. As Lane works his way up the rodeo circuit with his best friend Tuff Hedeman (Stephen Baldwin) he meets Kelly Kyle (Cynthia Geary) a pretty barrel-race rider with whom he falls in love. Lane and Kelly marry but Lane stubbornly refuses any help from Kelly's wealthy parents forcing the young couple to live a hand-to-mouth existence and while Lane's dedication to rodeo and its fans earns him a devoted following it also keeps him away from Kelly and threatens to sink their relationship. Lane's hard work pays off when he wins the 1987 world championship but the danger of the sport catches up with him two years later when he dies as a result of an accident during competition.
October 1, 2016
The true story of bull rider Lane Frost; great flick.
½ July 10, 2016
A yellow-eyed beauty told me this was her favorite movie and that it would make me cry. I didn't cry and she hasn't seen many movies. Surprise appearance by Renee Zelleweger as a bad lipsticked Buckle Bunny. Nice dedication to Lane Cross who died doing what he loved... but unless you're a cowboy, stay away.
June 15, 2016
I won't to see the hole movie
½ July 8, 2015
There's a beautiful true story at the heart of 8 Seconds, and the performances are great, but it's never enough to overcome its cliched script and poor pacing.
April 19, 2015
A touching and bittersweet story with a surprisingly good Luke Perry performance.
March 26, 2014
greatest movie ever to see made me cry but was a great movie
February 9, 2014
Not the best as far as movie-making. But a great story.
January 29, 2014
great movie about one hell of man
January 29, 2014
A true classic and a must see for all whether your a cowboys or not!
January 29, 2014
as a bull rider and someone who loves rodeo and know the life that comes with it. this story hits home and really gives the audience a visual taste of what being a bull rider is all about in a romantic/tragic tale of lane frost.
November 26, 2013
My favorite movie since i was a kid. An awesome story that shows the real life struggles of a real bull rider and the people around him
August 6, 2013
A really good cowboy movie
July 10, 2013
amazing movie i loved it
½ July 8, 2013
This sappy movie barely survives both Steven Baldwin and Luke Perry, simply because the subject matter is rare, and the true story it was based on is worth telling. Perhaps the only reason why the movies survived Luke Perry was because he managed to act an entire film without utilizing his forehead wrinkles. Pretty much anybody other than Steven Baldwin would have been better in his role, though. It's one of the few times when the Holwood star was actually worse looking than the real guy. To make matters worse, they actually show footage of the real dude at the end of the movie. Perhaps Lane Frost's story should have been told as a documentary.
May 21, 2013
I love this movie. Its my all time favorite.
May 15, 2013
I enjoyed this movie, especially because it's based on a true story!
March 17, 2013
Emocionate historia de Lane Frost....assistido pela 3 vez.
February 25, 2013
My all time favorite movie
½ January 26, 2013
This another tear jeerker its also a true story