8 Women (8 Femmes) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

8 Women (8 Femmes) Reviews

½ September 30, 2013
OK, I don't know why I loved this so much but I did so just deal with it. When Emmanuelle Béart shook out her hair I nearly had a stroke.
July 8, 2013
Can be more perfect??
½ June 29, 2013
A prominent female French cast with some outstanding performances throughout, especially Isabelle Huppert. The songs are indeed impressionable. However, the story itself is very weird.
½ March 29, 2013
A perfect film for a man who finds himself with a family full of women
February 6, 2013
One of my favorite movies.
½ January 22, 2013
J'adore les huis-clos.... Celui-ci fonctionne comme un charme. C'est chaque fois fort agréable... Distribution remarquable dirigée habilement!
January 11, 2013
This movie is enjoyable if you limit your expectations to the movie's real purpose, which is to showcase some of France's most famous actresses being outrageously campy. It's a murder mystery musical comedy, but it isn't really interested in having us solve the mystery and the musical numbers are absolutely forgetable. What we remember is Catherine Deneuve smashing a bottle on the head of an old woman in a wheelchair, or Catherine Deneuve making out with Fanny Ardant as they wrestle on the lobby floor.
December 30, 2012
I would probably prefer it in Theater. Not bad attempt though!
December 19, 2012
This campy murder mystery musical is good. IF you except the fact that one of the purposes of movie making is to see beautiful women do absurd things beautifully
December 14, 2012
It was well made, but it's very much a genre film, cliches abound, and ultimately I found myself a bit bored.
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
November 9, 2012
It is a curious film, but I watched through it. It has some very interesting reflections on life and relationships, and family, and is brutally honest in the best --French film style. I recommend it --especially if you like murder mysteries that are musicals.
September 26, 2012
Excellentes actrices, excellent scenario. Decor cool et fin revelatrice et inattendue! Un classique quoi!
September 22, 2012
An entertaining romp both parodying and respecting the mystery genre.
August 21, 2012
I Love a good murder mystery...and the cast are superb! I think i would have preffered to see it on stage as opposed to a film though
August 5, 2012
A murder mystery in the vein of Clue, with the look of a 1940's melodrama. What's not to like?
July 25, 2012
Fantástica comédia francesa com Isabelle Huppert. Me surpreendeu.
June 24, 2012
Wonderfully charming musical/comedy with the perfect cast and director.
½ June 9, 2012
an entertaining, french whodunnit with musical sensibilities.
½ May 22, 2012
The musical numbers are what ultimately undo the movie.