9 (Nine) (Short Film) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

9 (Nine) (Short Film) Reviews

½ December 26, 2015
A wonderful and visually impressive short animated student film. Sadly the feature length animated adaptation doesn't really flesh out the fairly simple minded story laid out here. The short is solid, since it is short and silent the story can be this simple and not hurt the integrity.
½ July 7, 2014
A creative little short that has the same fantastic visuals as the movie that followed four years later.
June 29, 2013
I was excited for this move and then it just didn't live up to the hype
½ March 27, 2013
Great animation, dark but very good.
February 24, 2013
I still need to see this, which is the original and all.
February 12, 2013
Not something I'd be interested in.
November 7, 2012
The short film of 9 was really good and exciting. The short film have a good story, but the feature film is much better than the short film because the feature film have a very good, unpredictable and a better story, new stunning characters, fantastic voice actors and more beautiful. Tim Burton who produced the feature film was very good too. But the short film is very good anyways. Worth to see! Rankning: Four stars.
August 12, 2012
I saw the trailer for this movie and it was a whole lot more intense and adrenaline-pumping then I would have originally thought. Being a guy who likes that kind of stuff, I hope that the movie is just as promising.
August 12, 2012
Entretenido y buenos efectos para ser un corto, aunque a mi parecer la pelicula es mejor, los dos son muy buenos.
July 23, 2012
looks very interesting!!!
June 20, 2012
Its a damn good short film. I just wish the movie was as good...
May 19, 2012
Produced by Tim Burton, a post-apocalyptic world where rag dolls are alive and CGI in the style of stop-motion. I'm already there. I'm queuing now.
½ November 30, 2011
I saw this after I saw the actual movie. There is a ton of action contained. What you should expect from a Tim Burton movie. A
October 23, 2011
The mood resembles ICO.
August 23, 2011
They made this into a movie and the movie was just irratating. So, this is the original diddy that spawn the waste of my time and money...
½ December 26, 2010
Strange little movie about animated rag dolls that live in a post apopolitic world and are fighting to survive against giant metal mosters. Engaging and beautifuly anaimated.
½ November 21, 2010
For a short animated film made by a film student...this a great piece of work. It is the inspiration behind the feature film, and you can see why producers like Tim Burton would see the talent in Shane Acker and produce a feature length version. There is no dialogue, just a simple little story told entirely through the amazing visuals, which are really incredible when you think of how low the budget must have been for this.
½ July 30, 2010
love the creations story
½ June 2, 2010
Loved the idea, characters, execution... beautiful! But I wished there was more story and more impressionable music :1
May 7, 2010
B.A.D it realy disapoint me