99 And 44/100% Dead (Call Harry Crown) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

99 And 44/100% Dead (Call Harry Crown) Reviews

January 20, 2012
Well, this one is just bonkers. The back of the box says "In a future where the laws of reality have been suspended, Harry Crown (Richard Harris) is a hit man..." Well, this ain't sci-fi. And I don't know about this future business. I think it just takes place in a zany comedy world where gunshots are the norm and Chuck Conners can be taken semi-seriously with his interchangeable mechanical arm as he battles it out with Richard Harris in his amazing pair of goofy-cool, thick rimmed glasses. Seriously, what the hell is going on in this film. I need to watch it again. With people. Special People, who can handle the title let alone its whacky antics. VF.
July 29, 2011
I'm calling Harry Crown for sures.
November 3, 2010
While not as good as writer Robert Dillons earlier Prime Cut it isnt the total floperoo you might have heard it was either.

I guess the biggest problem is that John Frankenheimer doesnt really know if its a spoof or a thriller so the film does go off a little half cocked .

One wonders if Michael Ritchie the director of Prime Cut would have been able to pull it off.

On the plus side the film does have some memorable meoments including Chuck Connors as a one armed hitman and some good use of shoot outs in odd places.

Richard Harris does a fine job as the hitman Harry Crown and the pop art theme does come off so its not a toatl loss as a film and deserves a dvd release despite it obvious flaws
½ December 5, 2009
Worthwhile Frankenhiemer film that is ultra-rare features some of the most ridiculous characters ever to grace the screen of a gangster film. An obvious product of the 70's has some good action sequences and alot of bad ones too, school bus chase scene is a minor classic. The copy that I viewed had terrible picture and sound quality that may have hurt my rating, but I doubt it the movie is just not that good. Connors as the crazed one armed mafioso is great, O'Brien as the aging gangster is okay, And Harris is also just okay. For film buffs only.
½ October 18, 2009
The best thing about his movie was the school bus chase
½ October 1, 2009
Offbeat gangster comedy from director John Frankenheimer has a few inspired moments of absurd dark humor, but they are few and far between in a rather dull and cliched crime story. Richard Harris is serviceable in the lead, though he does seem to be emulating Michael Caine from one of his 70s crime movies. Has its moments, but mostly forgettable.
September 12, 2009
When I saw this, it was called a comedy. It's not. There are barely any jokes and they aren't very good. Then there's nothing to set this apart from other spy/mafia movies, other than plot holes and some very odd auditory issues. Maybe it was just something wrong with the version of the movie I had, but the majority of the movie had no sound other than peoples voices; no music; guns and car chases were completely silent.