9 Deaths of the Ninja - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

9 Deaths of the Ninja Reviews

May 6, 2008
I don't remember any ninjas dying nine times. There were barely nine deaths.

My favourite part was where a grenade went off, and because it made the water go "SPLASH" it killed two guys nearby. Then one of the guys who was floating on his back suddenly flipped over to float on his front. Brilliant.

I nearly died nine times when I saw Ken Watanabe. But hey, someone's got to start somewhere.
March 23, 2008
Fun Ninja flick starring Sho Kosugi!
February 27, 2008
Cheesy 1980s action movies are cool. Where else could a ninja suck on a lollipop and kick butt at the same time?
December 21, 2007
It's the bargain bin offspring of James Bond and the 1980s ninja fad. What the hell was going on with the dwarfs in that museum? Are there really such people out there as the twin brothel madams Woo Wee and Woo Pee? And what sort of a hero uses kittens for target practise, or names his sons 'Shane' and 'Kane'? You'll be asking yourself all of these questions and more after you've watched this drivel.
November 20, 2007
Either this was purposefully a parody of the 80's action and ninjasploitation, or the 80's were even more scary than I remember. As a parody, the film is completely insane - unfortunately, it goes so much over the top that it does not carry all the way. However, if you think that a good movie should include wheelchair-bound gay Nazi, Arab terrorists, black lesbian amazons, kung fu dwarves, handheld Minigun and of course ninjas, it's still worth checking out for laughs. Not for regular audience, for them this is half-star fodder.
October 30, 2007
a classic bit of Sho Kasugi ...its time for a modern ninja movie!!!
October 24, 2007
Mahtavaa. Ajalta, jolloin sentin sakaroilla oleva heittotähti kellisti miehen kuin miehen. Jokainen yksityiskohta tarkkaan mietitty. Alkumusiikin aikana suoritettu miekkatanssi irvokkaasti tanssivien naisten keskellä ansaitsee erityiskiitokset.
½ October 21, 2007
This is so unintentionally hysterical that I was howling with laughter, it was so darn bad. I like Sho Kosugi, but the "story" in this movie is just so horrifyingly bad that there is hardly any point. Even the fights are not worth the watch.
September 30, 2007
While watching 'Nine Deaths Of The Ninja, I kept trying to figure out whether this was some kind of parody or what, because.. I mean, who makes these films this bad? A group of gung ho American violence experts team up to rescue a busload of tourists from certain doom by uh... A wheelchair bound gay psycho and uh, Amazon woman. Ha ha! The American team don't need no stinkin police as they're well and capable to take care of the evil-doers all by themselves! This film is sexist, filled with awful dialog, inane and just plain dumb. But bonus points for the most laughable opening credits (that mix jazzercise with samurai) and Gay wheelchair psycho's pronunciation of harmed as Harm-Ed.
½ September 14, 2007
I based the rating on how entertaining this film is.
September 2, 2007
Sweet flick. Sho Kosugi is amazing in everything he's been in. His performance in 9 Deaths is no exception. Stunning from the opening credits on. His sword routine in the fog with multiple smokin' hot lady types while the credits roll is simply remarkable.
July 18, 2007
Puh-lease see this and let's go out for a drink and just talk about the credit sequence with sho kosugi doing sword moves in fog with aerobics dancers in hot one-pieces and then we can fall in love and get married.
½ July 14, 2007
Seriously this is the worst movie ever made. However it's sooo bad it becomes hilarious so I would highly recommend watching it, but only once.
½ July 12, 2007
Now here is a classic ninja movie
June 8, 2007
Lollipop is so badass. This move its my childhood
½ June 6, 2007
Put this on while drinking. Every time something utterly stupid happens; drink. Within ten minutes, you'll be more drunk than ever. A super team of american soldiers fighting an evil nazi drug baron (with a afro woman and a mass-murdering psycho muslim man as his second-in-command) within some jungle in Asia somewhere... It's crazy. It got _bad_ ninja scenes.
½ June 4, 2007
It may be bad..but it's worth it to see Sho as a Ninja School flunk out code named "Lollipop"
½ June 2, 2007
Cheesy, but enjoyable.
April 3, 2007
Some good fights and terrible acting and story.
January 25, 2007
Yeah, it was VERY cheesy, but fun!