Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Reviews

• 2d ago

good film ay' govna'

good film ay' govna'

• 6d ago

Anyone who hasn't seen this movie really needs to do so as soon as possible. This movie series is supposed to be about a bad guy trying to take over the wizarding world and the good guys struggle to stop him, but it doesn't end up like that so far. Really the main focus is on a guy named Newt and all his cute creatures that he is trying to protect from other wizards that wouldn't understand how awesome they really are. In the movie the creatures keep getting out and Newt has to round them up with friends. It is a movie you have to watch!

• Oct 05, 2019

With merely passable CGI and a weak cast helmed by a twitchy, constantly awkward Eddie Redmayne, this HP spin-off does not by any means hold the magic of its parent franchise. But even on its own terms it comes off as childish and unoriginal, a familiar family-friendly movie offering a choke-full of cliches and absolutely nothing we've never seen before. That is not to say it's an unpleasant watch or devoid of some mild thrills, but a missed opportunity for a memorable new universe all the same.

• Oct 05, 2019

After the undoubtedly impressive, decade long, multi-director triumph that was the first eight films of the Harry Potter franchise, Warner Bros. -- in classic Hollywood studio fashion -- decided to capitalize further on the IP by going backwards in both time and, well, a lot of other things too. Considering the film we have here, coupled with the fact that J.K. Rowling assumed sole scripting responsibilities this time around, it comes to no surprise that die hards have evoked the Prequels (yes, that's "Prequels" with a capital "P," as you know exactly what's being referred to) as a comparison piece. This film takes the stately and quaint priggishness out of what we all understand the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to be, and yet somehow makes it all lesser in terms of appeal? Maybe it's the lack of British accents. Or maybe it's the pedestrian nature of the world in play, considered in hand with the disjointed narrative, incomplete character work, and confounding lore. On second thought, maybe it was the British accents. All kidding aside, however, this really didn't feel like a Harry Potter movie to me. Now, that doesn't mean the whole movie is bad or otherwise unwatchable. But it is most definitely an inferior product. With the lush history, legendary world-building, and -- honestly -- more impressive effects of the previous eight films in mind, I feel as though I've already seen the light when it comes to anything involving this universe. And while that light was shaped like a proud and stolid stag, "Fantastic Beasts'" light remains in the shape of a. . .what the hell was that platypus-looking thing called again?

Boring, sets up a possible good plot for sequels

Boring, sets up a possible good plot for sequels

• Oct 04, 2019

Awesome first movie. A MUST SEE

Awesome first movie. A MUST SEE

• Oct 02, 2019

A serious step down from the Harry Potter films.

A serious step down from the Harry Potter films.

• Sep 28, 2019

la magia regresa muy fuerte con personajes nuevos y ganas de ver mas de ellos

la magia regresa muy fuerte con personajes nuevos y ganas de ver mas de ellos

• Sep 09, 2019

Fantastic prequel entry in the Wizarding World. Several great performances and the effects are amazing. Only gave it a 4.5/5 because of the over abundance of CGI creatures which distracted from the overall plot.

• Sep 06, 2019

Queeny was my favorite character that was introduced in this new film series. I cannot even remember this movie. I was mostly forgettable.