Julie & Julia Reviews

• Dec 06, 2020

Delightful stories, beautifully intertwined.

Delightful stories, beautifully intertwined.

• Sep 21, 2020

There's a good reason Meryl Streep is considered a top American actor - she is simply unsurpassed. NO ONE could have played Julia Child better. No one. Period. The reason is that the real Julia Child was almost a parody of herself - a bigger-than-life, awkward, wacky, loud-mouthed, exuberant lady. And Streep imitates her without stepping over into charicature. I grew up with Child's TV show and watched it just so I could make my mom laugh with my imitation. In the movie, they play Dan Ackroyd's satire of Julia's show and it is spot-on and hilarious, especially when it first appeared on Saturday Night Live back when comedy was funny more than political. Amy Adams does a fine job. The problem is that the movie is twice as long as it should be! My mind kept shouting: GET TO THE POINT! TELL US HOW IT ENDS! I don't care that her husband was called before Congress. I don't care that Julia moved to different countries. Should you watch it anyway? Sure, why not. If you ever watched Julia Child's show on TV, either originally or in reruns, you will be mesmerized at how perfectly Meryl Streep becomes her in the movie. Oh, and don't be surprised if you have a sudden urge to stop at a local bakery and buy a baguette and butter.

• Jun 20, 2020

Boring. Not sure why this movie was made.

Boring. Not sure why this movie was made.

• Jun 19, 2020

Not remotely interesting on paper but by these two actresses keep you engaged. They both give great performances especially Streep.

• May 22, 2020

Although the movie seems lost at times the movie isn't bad by any means and is a good way to waste an afternoon

• May 17, 2020

I don't care about Julie, so why do I want to learn about how she rode off the talent and fame of another person to steal some fame for herself by realizing she didn't need to be as much of a baby as she is, and even this MOVIE is using her to find fame for itself by trying to improve on Julia!!! 0/10

• Apr 25, 2020

optimistic and heart-warming. if you're looking for a lot of action, you wouldn't like it as it is quite slow-paced and still.

• Apr 23, 2020

This movie is a masterpiece

This movie is a masterpiece

• Mar 16, 2020

Nora Ephron's last feature film is a brilliant concept that just didn't pan out. Meryl Streep is awesome as Julia Child while Amy Adams is blah as a blogger that attempts to create all of Julia's recipes from Child's first book in one year. The movie grinds to a halt without Streep. Adams just isn't capable of carrying a movie. She's one of the most overrated actresses of all-time. She's one note and it doesn't carry a tune. Streep is the opposite. The film soars on her sturdy shoulders. Sadly, we're missing a great film that lies somewhere in the weeds. Child deserves a biopic and her husband should be included prominently. The blogger, she's just loitering. Final Score: 5.8/10

• Dec 30, 2019

This was a cute movie based on Julia Child bio./real true story. A woman cooks and makes a blog of cooking/baking all or some/most of Julia Child's recipes. Cute movie if you like Julie Child, food, a true story etc...