The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! Reviews

• 5d ago

Before the '90's had a dude like The Dude from "The Big Lebowski," and before "Borat" used the 2000's to roll around naked on a bed with his corpulent best pal, there was "The Naked Gun," and there was the legendary Frank Drebin, as played with the straightest straight-face ever by the remarkable Leslie Nielsen. "The Naked Gun" comes from the ancestory.com family tree first hinted at by "Kentucky Fried Movie," but most readily identified by the mighty "Airplane!". Gags in "The Naked Gun" rain down at a torrid, relentless pace, some of them deceptively high-brown, but most of them gloriously inane. It takes absolute geniuses to create such guilty-pleasure, laugh-out-loud stupidity. Is "The Naked Gun" somehow even better than its "Airplane!" forefather? By a nose, my vote is indeed "yes." While "Airplane!" also features Nielsen as a doctor (who was arguably even more straight-faced than Frank Drebin), that film's central character was the adequate Robert Hays playing Ted Striker, whereas "The Naked Gun" gives us Nielsen full-frontal as the prime purveyor and trigger man of every last bit of resulting hilarity. This film is nothing short of one of the greatest comedy movies of all time.

• Aug 10, 2019

Spun off from a short-lived TV show that only lasted six episodes, The Naked Gun's hilarious gags that still hold up and Leslie Nielsen's performance and line delivery make this ZAZ offering possibly one of the best comedies of all time.

• Aug 06, 2019

This is an excellent comedy movie with many moments that have me laughing for minutes. I'd recommend this movie to anyone with a good sense of humor. A great film.

• May 09, 2019

The only comedy. Last 15 years the was no comedies at all.

The only comedy. Last 15 years the was no comedies at all.

• Mar 31, 2019

A fun and silly pick me up!

A fun and silly pick me up!

• Mar 28, 2019

Just such a great classic comedy

Just such a great classic comedy

• Mar 27, 2019

Scotts farts smell like sewer manure skewered on a tour in a azajabrony war zone.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Jan 27, 2019

I haven't laughed this hard at a movie since Deadpool 2. It's just the perfect level of Columbo adult comedy.

• Dec 08, 2018

Film realizzato dal trio ZAZ, ovvero coloro che hanno partorito quella perla de "L'aereo più pazzo del mondo". Come quest'ultimo, la pellicola fa spaccare dalle risate, grazie soprattutto a un perfetto Leslie Nielsen. Le risate sono provocate dall'esagerazione ed irrealtà delle situazioni, come quando il tenente Frank Drebin arriva alla stazione di polizia e la sua macchina inizia a fare un po' quello che gli pare. La trama è molto semplice e non c'è tanto altro da dire. Non vedo l'ora di potermi gustare i due sequel.