The Children Act Reviews

• Sep 01, 2020

Interesting at first, then it turned odd and out of place. I saw it as recommended by Z.

• Feb 05, 2020

Emotional, intelligent, brilliant acting, music. Such a memorable story!

Emotional, intelligent, brilliant acting, music. Such a memorable story!

• Jan 08, 2020

This was a good movie, but with a really big plot hole that left me surprised and scratching my head. Thompson and Tucci's marital scenes were brilliant together, but I had a really hard time finding the connection between her character and Adam's relationship. His obsession with her seems so out-of-place and bizarre in this otherwise good movie with plenty of drama. Throwing in his weird, stocker tendencies seemed unnecessary.

• Dec 29, 2019

Emma Thompson was brilliant - she acted the hell out of what she was given which wasn't much. The movie started strong but devolved into 2 unrelated stories and neither are served well. At the end, I literally thought: "what was the point?". BTW: Great views of London.

• Jul 07, 2019

Started off quite strong, then quickly passed into the realm of the clique

Started off quite strong, then quickly passed into the realm of the clique

• Jul 06, 2019

The judicial issue is simply the premise for the well-balanced examination of the boy's fixation on the judge, which opens even deeper issues; Emma Thompson delivers another mainificent performance.

• Jun 17, 2019

The intelligent themes of the film, combined with fantastic acting and generally good script, result in a movie that's a welcome break from the summer's other unnuanced releases. Also provides an attractive portrayal of upper-middle class London living.

• Jun 01, 2019

Touching and powerful

Touching and powerful

• Jun 01, 2019

I found it impossible to suspend disbelief wrt to each and every character and their motivations. People, including eminent judges, just don't act that way.

• May 04, 2019

A film that will make you sit back for a good hour and really think through it all. There are no clear cut answers in this film of what should have happened, no black and white (good or bad) characters just lots of shades of grey. It's realistic of how people can be and how we are all human in our decisions.