The Children Act Reviews

• Jul 07, 2019

Started off quite strong, then quickly passed into the realm of the clique

Started off quite strong, then quickly passed into the realm of the clique

• Jul 06, 2019

The judicial issue is simply the premise for the well-balanced examination of the boy's fixation on the judge, which opens even deeper issues; Emma Thompson delivers another mainificent performance.

• Jun 17, 2019

The intelligent themes of the film, combined with fantastic acting and generally good script, result in a movie that's a welcome break from the summer's other unnuanced releases. Also provides an attractive portrayal of upper-middle class London living.

• Jun 01, 2019

Touching and powerful

Touching and powerful

• Jun 01, 2019

I found it impossible to suspend disbelief wrt to each and every character and their motivations. People, including eminent judges, just don't act that way.

• May 04, 2019

A film that will make you sit back for a good hour and really think through it all. There are no clear cut answers in this film of what should have happened, no black and white (good or bad) characters just lots of shades of grey. It's realistic of how people can be and how we are all human in our decisions.

• May 04, 2019

Thompson pulls off a incredibly believable performance in a drama that is built on so many facets of her life --- original storyline

• Apr 17, 2019

A very lovely movie, Emma Thompson is really brilliant.

A very lovely movie, Emma Thompson is really brilliant.

• Apr 05, 2019

Emma Thompson owns this film with a stellar performance but the key relationship with the young man in poorly constructed. While I enjoyed the book more the film deserves praise for tackling such difficult questions in a confronting way.

• Mar 26, 2019

This film deals with a compelling, serious issue, and some of the characters are interesting stand-ins for modern, upper-class citizens but it just wasnâ(TM)t that great. Sorry.