The Clapper Reviews

• Sep 26, 2019

I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews. Yes, it's strange and perhaps falls into a list of genres before comedy, but there is a lot to love. Maybe the problem was that viewers expected an outright comedy when it is in fact much more.

• Sep 16, 2019

i love weird. they brought it. they snuck in some cliches with the humor but it made the weird feel safe. #grady

• Sep 06, 2019

Dont be put off by these poor reviews. This is a very touching movie for anybody who has felt like an outsider struggling to make it in a world that's alien to them. Ed Helms character is thrust into the spotlight and has his whole life put on display as entertainment for the masses. His performance is authentic and outstanding. Give this a chance and you won't regret it.

• May 25, 2019

I didn't even finished the movie, it's too depre

I didn't even finished the movie, it's too depre

• Feb 16, 2019

Terrible movie with an unlikable main character and a stupid premise. The Clapper not only sounds like a dumb movie it is one. It's supposed to be a romantic comedy but it lacks romance and it sure as hell ain't funny. Ed Helms and Amanda Seyfried have zero chemistry which makes it impossible to root for the star-crossed lovers and their cringey romance. The entire plot makes absolutely no sense. Whether or not the book was better will remain a mystery but for those unfortunate enough to have seen the movie adaptation, I doubt they'll want to be anywhere near it.

• Feb 12, 2019

The purpose of this film seemed to be to fill 1.5 hrs of time in an inoffensive way. If you can accept that you will come to the end of the film having gained absolutely nothing from the experience, then you will not be disappointed. If however, you expect to be entertained in some way, you may feel less satisfied with your choice to watch this movie. It's not funny. I signed up for an account just now to address the fact that some people have said it's hilarious. I understand that humour is subjective, but even still, if you find yourself laughing your head off at anything in this film. I would advise you to seek immediate medical assistance. Your doctor should be able to refer you to the community mental health team. Okay. So. its not funny, Secondly i don't care what happens to this guy. He seems to have an easy life. I agree with one reviewer who said he should be hit by a bus. Damn right. Something. There was no investment in him. The relationship. There is no way on earth, if a creepy man came to the place you worked at every day that you would be ok with that. No way. And what a one dimensional character Judy is. Has a job and wants to go to Mexico to look after goats. Anyway. That's enough. If you have a hangover, or are having an anxiety attack, put this on. It's very safe. Otherwise. Move along... :)

• Sep 16, 2018

If there's an overall satirical lens or high-minded message, it's lost on me. But the chemistry between Ed Helms and Amanda Seyfried is more than enough to make it worth sifting through the film's quirky flaws and uneven shifts in tone.

• Aug 24, 2018

Monteil is obviously a talented writer, but the tone and direction of ‘The Clapper’ are all over the place; unsure if it wants to be a searing indictment of viral media, a goofy satire, or PG rated Taxi Driver. Still, with a cast to die for, (which give it their all), it’s not bad for watch on a rainy Sunday... but not much else. And furthermore... someone give Russell Peters a better role. The guy is talented, but can’t seem to find a leading tole to match his talents. He shines in his co-starring role here, but isn’t given much to work with.

• Aug 10, 2018

I found myself caring a lot for the characters and rooting for them. I usually avoid discomfort humor but I thought it worked well in this film. There's a lot of uncertainty and tension but it has impact. Wish it had a better score because I want a sequel! (Which might never work but come on a guy can dream)

• Jul 02, 2018

Almost good, very frustrating and slow movie to watch that has a lot of good ideas. Hard not to like Ed Helms and Amanda Seyfried, and has poignant statement about the entertainment industry that the movie just cannot seem to land a parting blow on.