A Flintstones Christmas Carol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Flintstones Christmas Carol Reviews

November 22, 2015
its still one of my favorite flinstone movies
October 11, 2014
I loved this as a kid
April 13, 2014
Well... I absolutely HATE the scrooge story because it's so overdone, but I LOVE the Flintstones because they are my favorite cartoon family ever so I had to have this. However.. I do like the review that's directly below mine that says something to the effect that it's wrong for cavemen to be celebrating the birth of Christ, lol... but then the Flintstones also had televisions, phones, and cars... there was a Hollyrock (Hollywood) and movie stars, music instruments, bands, etc. In order to enjoy cartoons, one must suspend belief for a few minutes.
½ April 22, 2013
Una adaptación más del clásico cuento navideño sobre Scrooge, presentando una versión digerible -más- para los niños. No tiene lógica que en una supuesta prehistoria se celebre la navidad, pero... así son y siempre fueron los Picapiedra.
½ December 24, 2012
An ok adaptation of The Christmas Carol.. just ok.. Fred as Scrooge.. i really don't have any glowing remarks..just ok..
November 5, 2012
The concept sounds appealing if it were made in the 1960s only.
March 7, 2012
A great stone age rendition of the classic story of a Christmas Carol.
December 29, 2011
Cute names (Jacob Marble-y, Bob Crag-it).
August 23, 2011
A good Flinstones movie, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Flinstones... but it remind me good old memories.
December 13, 2010
A good family film for kids and some adults will enjoy. I remember watching this when I was young and I enjoyed it so watching it today I enjoy it still.
½ December 11, 2010
Another Flintstone holiday effort which doesn't quite reach the depth of the original for me
November 23, 2010
Charles Dickens' holiday classic "A Christmas Carol" is perhaps the most adapted holiday story of all time. Yet, it seems that ironically, Hanna Barbera's Flintstones rendition is among the least seen versions of the story, on the small screen. Various adaptations have been done for the big screen, though. Among the best of the small screen renditions of this holiday classic is Hanna Barbera's rendition brought via America's favorite stone age family (yes you can sing along). And while audiences will likely only see it on the likes of Cartoon Network, during the holiday season, "A Flintstones Christmas Carol" is one of the best of the small screen renditions of "A Christmas Carol".

Hanna Barbera got this version right because of the story's execution. Having the entire community put on a play of the classic sends a double message to audiences. So many companies take themselves far too seriously when they make their version of Dickens' story. Hanna Barbera did anything but that, here. Including the Bedrock community in a small town rendition that tries to honor the classic sends a positive message of community togetherness, as well as showing that Hanna Barbera wanted to still be as true to the original as possible. Considering this, one can't help but respect Hanna Barbera for that.

The story presented here isn't the only positive to this dvd. Another plus to this dvd is the inclusion of the bonus Flinstones Christmas episode from the original series. The Flintstones original show itself is one of the greatest animated series ever created. And its Christmas episode is just as enjoyable as any other episode. Yes, there have been shows where someone or something took Santa's place because he was hurt, or sick. But that aside, the story here still works.

Hanna Barbera's version of "A Christmas Carol" is hardly the first of its kind. That aside, there is a certain something about The Flinststones that makes this version of the Christmas classic work. And while it may never be shown on any of television's "Big 4"--ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX--it is good to see at least one network airs it every year. And for that matter, it is good to see this fun family classic released to dvd. This way, anyone who misses it on tv can watch it on dvd any time they want.
September 21, 2010
This film fails to be as good as the show it's based upon.
August 8, 2010
*** Good.
A lighthearted take on a classic story, featuring favourite Flintstone characters.
August 5, 2010
One of my favorite christmas specials.
December 22, 2009
I love the Flintstones i own every episode, but there are way too many adaptations of A Christmas Carol. The fact that it's the Flintstones makes this one bearable.
December 19, 2009
The concept sounds appealing if it were made in the 1960s only.
½ December 6, 2009
A fun movie for anyone that loves the story of the Christmas Carol.
November 26, 2009
Okay for Xmas, but I'm not a big Flintstones fan...